That's What Cheesehead: 38.10 - Wolves Bring Back Two More Coaches

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

7teen
BBA GM

That's What Cheesehead: 38.10 - Wolves Bring Back Two More Coaches

Post by 7teen » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:14 am

Rather than scour the heap of coaches to find two willing to coach in the minor leagues (and I'm also sparring you guys of splitting this into two TN and double the points) the Wolves reached out to two former players and both will sign on as coaches in the Wolves farm system in 2038.

Dree-ming Tree, a Wolves infielder from 2021-2025, has signed on to be the hitting coach for the Wolves farm team in Charlottesville, the Wolves' rookie league team. He'll join Kooijman who was announced this morning as the team's pitching coach. Tree had a very short BBA career that saw him hit just .221 with a .649 OPS. He only had 247 career hits.

"Those who can do. Those who can't, teach" said Wolves GM Chris Wilson today on Tree. "Just because he wasn't a good professional hitter, doesn't mean he can't coach it. He understands the approach to hitting we value in Madison and we think he'll be a good addition to our rookie league staff and help coach our hitters" Wilson concluded of the Chinese player. Tree, only 37 years of age, has been out of the game since 2028. After the 2025 season with Madison, he spent a full season in the minor leagues before spending two years in the EBA before retiring at the age of 30.

Also signing on today as the manager of the Wolves Short Season club in Saint Johns is Grux King. King, a former BBA pitcher, spent 3 seasons with Madison from 2021-2023 before retiring in 2024 after a season in the minors. King pitched in the BBA for 10 seasons, compiling a 35-50 career record with 43 saves. He had a career 5.44 ERA and 1.68 WHIP and finished with a -2.1 WAR.

"He just has an awesome name, does he not" said Wilson on the hiring of King. "Grux King just sounds like a leader. Or maybe a dictator. Or tyrant. Hell, I don't know. But whatever happens, I'll be going down with the Groo Grux King in the end" concluded Wilson. King is currently 48 years old.

Both Tree and King are expected to report to Spring Training and then assume their jobs when the season starts. As for why these two guys were hired, they were former Ammy Creations of mine with Dave Matthews Band ties so I figured better to bring them back than really pick up some other no name bum off the coaching heap.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50