That's What Cheesehead: 38.03 - Puckett Hangs Them Up For Good

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

7teen
BBA GM

That's What Cheesehead: 38.03 - Puckett Hangs Them Up For Good

Post by 7teen » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:52 pm

The news came as a shock today when Madison Wolves Bench Coach Charles Puckett announced that he was stepping down from that position. The 61-year old Puckett had held that Wolves' bench coach position for all of one season. Puckett cited health and family reasons for the need to step down.

"I've had some health issues of late" said the BBA Hall of Famer. "My doctors said the constant travel that goes with being in this league was just not helping matters. And then there's the fact I don't get to see Chip play as much as I'd like to in Rockville. I want to be able to watch him more and see how his career continues to develop. Heck, he's already won as many Landis Titles as I did. I guess he'll have bragging rights if he wins one more on me. All I'll have on him at this point would be the all-stars, the records, and the Silk Trophies" Puckett concluded with a wink.

Many who follow the team thought there was a chance that Puckett was brought up last season as the team's bench coach to eventually be the replacement to current Wolves manager Millard Davis. The 52 year old Davis, has 2 years still remaining on his contract. A contract that pays him over $1.2 million a season. Davis has been the team's manager for 8 seasons, having led the Wolves to the post-season in 4 of those 8 years.

Puckett spent 16 seasons as a manager or coach in the Wolves farm system. He won a Triple-A championship as the manager of the Wolves AAA affiliate in South Bend in 2030. Puckett spent 23 seasons with the Wolves as a player, giving him a total of 39 seasons spent with the organization. He'll truly be missed and we'll have to continue finding ways to drop his name in our team news. Perhaps Chip should just come play for us.....
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Re: That's What Cheesehead: 38.03 - Puckett Hangs Them Up For Good

Post by Fat Nige » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:08 pm

Can’t you just rename the team news as “The Puckett News” lol ?
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”