That's What Cheesehead: 37.12 - Kengos Returns

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

7teen
BBA GM

That's What Cheesehead: 37.12 - Kengos Returns

Post by 7teen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:44 pm

After spending the last 17 seasons as a hitting coach in the Wolves' farm system, Bopper Kengos has decided to hang up his coaching hat. At least for the time being. The BBA's all-time hits, homeruns, and RBI king is leaving the ranks of the Wolves minor leagues to join the big club up in Madison. And he'll do so not as the team's hitting coach. Instead, he'll become the team's new assistant general manager and head assistant to Wolves GM Chris Wilson.

"It's a change for me but something I'm excited about" said the 60-year old Kengos at the announcement today. "I've never been an executive in the front office but felt I'm a pretty solid judge of talent. Wilson and I have been talking about the possibilities of me returning to Madison in a new role from what I've been doing the last 15 years or so. The assistant GM's spot was open and I expressed my interest. I figure I can't do much worth than the teams I've been with as a hitting coach" the hall of famer concluded with a laugh.

Kengos had been a hitting coach for 17 years and only twice has a team he's been a part of made the post-season. Of course he was a member of the Triple-A championship team in South Bend back in 2030 that was managed by Charles Puckett who the team promoted earlier this season to replace the vacant Bench Coach position in Madison. So the duo that has always been linked together in Madison history is back together again. Wilson commented on the change and the uniting of the legendary duo.

"We can't be more excited to have Kengos back in Madison. And it is only fitting that he and Puckett return together" Wilson commented. "It'll take Bopper some time to get used to this new role with the club. He's starting behind the 8-ball by joining at the end of spring training so he won't be able to really get a full off-season's experience. But let's be honest, the AGM doesn't do a whole lot anyway" Wilson laughed. "Bopper knew this going in but agreed to re-join Madison. If nothing else, he adds some excitement and a big name to the front office staff. Can you name the last AGM here? Exactly. In fact, my guess is you can only name one AGM in Madison Wolves history and how did that turn out?"

Speaking of "that" AGM, rumors were circulating around Madison that the Wolves were in talks with Dan Fiscus on a possible return to Madison but an agreement was never met. "He wanted too much money" said one league official. "I highly doubt Madison was going to overpay to bring that guy back again, but boy would it have made for some good stories this season."
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50