That's What Cheesehead: 37.02 - Khel to Spend Winter with Diaz

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

7teen
BBA GM

That's What Cheesehead: 37.02 - Khel to Spend Winter with Diaz

Post by 7teen » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:14 am

It's very likely that many around the league have never heard the name Habib Mahsud Khel (10/2/8 Ratings). And in all fairness, why should you have? The 23 year old, Pakistani pitcher has never really done much in the league. In parts of 3 seasons, the right hander has a BBA ERA of 7.97. In fact about the only mention of him in the public league eye was when commissioner Matt Rectenwald made this comment in his "Luke Warm Talks" from the 2035 season.
MAD- Are you kidding me with Habib Mahsud Khel (0 - 3, 7.83 ERA, 1.68 WHIP, 31 K) in the starting rotation? A TWO MOVEMENT? What you talking about Wilson?
Well, it appears comments like that will be a thing of the past. Habib Mahsud Khel has decided to drop the charade of being a starting pitcher and will opt to try his hand as a reliever in 2037 and beyond. The hard throwing righty has decided to drop the barrage of pitches he once had and just focus on his fastball and changeup combination in hopes of making it in the league like Hector Diaz (10/3/9 Ratings). In fact, the two are spending the off-season together.

"Yeah, Khel approached me at the end of the season asking me about it" said Diaz who spends his off-season in the Dominican Republic. "I said it sounded like a great idea. As someone who has tried his hand as a starter in this league and failed at it, I felt him taking this approach wouldn't be a bad thing. We are going to work together all off-season and hope to master his fastball and changeup so he can be an effective middle reliever. I think we can get him in shape. Of course, that's assuming he doesn't try to fix any of that weird food of his while he's here. I can't eat that Pakistani stuff." "

If anyone would know about how to do that would be Diaz. Diaz, a former all-star, has made a living as a middle reliever with low movement. Hector has a career ERA of 3.62 and over the last 3 seasons has posted a WAR over 1.0 while posting over 70 innings pitch mainly out of the bullpen. The hope is Khel, who now looks very much like Diaz as a pitcher, can accomplish the same. The one thing to focus on will be Khel and that 2 movement. Diaz has a 3. But Khel does have exceptional stuff at and now has a fastball that tops out at over 100 mph. Let's see if the Wolves have created another diamond in the rough or if Khel remains a bust.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50