That's What Cheesehead: 36.47 - September Call-Ups

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

7teen
BBA GM

That's What Cheesehead: 36.47 - September Call-Ups

Post by 7teen » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:21 pm

With the Wolves pretty much out of the running at this point for a spot in the post-season and with some starters out for the season, Wolves General Manager Chris Wilson opted to call-up some of the guys from the farm system and give them a shot at some playing time and a cup of coffee with the squad in September. Here is a list of the guys called up for the final month and how they did in the most recent sim that saw Madison go 2-4 in games at home.

John Garcia (6/6/9/7/5 Ratings)- A 15th round pick in the 2033 draft, Garcia has emerged as a potential power platoon/substitute bat for Madison in the future. He started the season at Single-A and quickly climbed the ranks this season. He had success at every level which allowed him the chance to be added to the 40-man roster and a tryout for the team heading into 2037. He played in 4 games this past sim, collecting a pair of hits including his first big league homerun in a loss to Twin Cities at home.

Francisco Herrera (5/6/1/4/7 Ratings)- Truth be told, Herrera has no business being on a big league roster. But as we mentioned in our last team news, we have no shortstops healthy so we added Herrera to the 40-man to finish the season as our SS. He actually hit .286 that sim but in all liklihood he'll be waived/DFA'd after the season to free up that 40-man spot as he's not much more than a AAA player. But nonetheless, the 26 year old will always remember his first big league hit which came against San Fernando. Honestly he'll never forget that first game as he went 3 for 4 with a pair of RBI.

Angelo Jimenez (6/7/6/5/6 Ratings)- Jimenez was up some with the big league team last season as a platoon guy against LHP. He didn't see any action in that last sim and will probably be lucky to get a handful of ABs in September this season. He was on the 40-man so we figured we might as well call up the 25-year old.

Angel Guerrero (7/7/5 Ratings)- Guerrero was optioned down in May and was never recalled to the big league team. Madison gave him another sip of coffee as the 30-year old will likely get his walking papers at the end of the season. He faced 3 batters this past sim, walking one, striking out one, and retiring one other.

Chet Barrett (9/2/9 Ratings)- Remember how we built that new stadium last season and we had that wonky idea we could build a staff out of high stuff, high control, and low movement guys? Well, Barrett is one of the remnants of that bad decision. The 26 year old was having some moderate success in AAA this season so we figured we'd test him out again after a lackluster 2035 campaign. He logged 3 innings over 2 games this sim, allowing 3 hits and a walk while striking out 2. He did not allow a run so perhaps it's time to look at him again. :bag:

Dave White (8/5/5 Ratings)- White has 3 very good pitch ratings. That really served him well this year in AAA as he appeared in 39 games and posted a 1.70 ERA. So the 23 year old earned another shot in MAdison and pitched 6.1 innings over 2 games this sim, allowing just 1 run on 4 hits and 5 strikeouts. He did walk 4 guys in one game though so we aren't too optimistic just yet.

Habib Mahsud Khel (9/2/8 Ratings)- Khel is not a starter. Khel is not a starter. Khel is not a starter. Perhaps if I keep telling myself I'll finally believe it. Despite having a 3.80 ERA in AAA this year in 22 starts, Khel was beaten and bruised rather badly in a start this sim. He surrendered 3 homeruns and 9 runs total in 3.2 innings to Twin Cities. He also allowed 7 hits. But he did strike out 6 so, maybe there's hope. :bag:

Ramiro Ortiz (9/3/8 Ratings)- Ortiz is not a starter. Ortiz is not a starter. Ortiz is not a starter. Why I think these guys with low MO can start is beyond me. But saying Ortiz started a game is only by definition. Ortiz started a game against San Fernando this sim and he failed to make it out of the 2nd inning. He was pulled after getting just 4 outs after he had allowed 9 runs on 10 hits and a walk. He was better than that in AAA. But this isn't AAA you big dummy!
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

Big_Al
Ex-GM

Re: That's What Cheesehead: 36.47 - September Call-Ups

Post by Big_Al » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:44 pm

Good write up. I've called up some Barretts, Khels, and Ortizes of my own.
Al Sganga
GM Boise Spuds (2036 to Present)

Taters gonna tate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”