2059.09 - Gerties Girls Stadium 6 - Montreal

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2059.09 - Gerties Girls Stadium 6 - Montreal

Post by CTBrewCrew » Wed May 15, 2024 3:01 pm

April 14th, 2059 - Ah, mes chères amies, our journey has led us to the enchanting city of Montréal, where the spirit of l'amour dances through the cobblestone streets and fills the air with romance. As we ventured into this sophisticated adult playground, we couldn't help but marvel at the myriad pleasures that awaited us.

Now, let me confess, dear companions, that my attempts at mastering the French language were akin to a toddler stumbling through a linguistic maze. While I had taken a crash course in speaking French, my vocabulary seemed limited to the extent of "oui" and "bonjour." Oh, how the others laughed as I attempted to navigate conversations with locals, armed only with my trusty phrasebook and a hearty dose of enthusiasm.

But fear not, for our lack of linguistic prowess did not dampen our spirits. We embraced the cosmopolitan atmosphere of Montréal with open arms, reveling in its culinary delights, boutique shopping, and, dare I say, the allure of the Red-Light District. Yes, my friends, we found ourselves drawn to this notorious area, where the ghosts of Montréal's Sin City era whispered tales of debauchery and intrigue.

And oh, the culinary delights that awaited us! Poutine, that quintessentially Québécois dish of crispy fries smothered in cheese curds and gravy, stole our hearts with its indulgent simplicity. And who could resist the siren call of Tim Hortons, that beloved Canadian institution where coffee flows like water and donuts tempt the taste buds with their sweet allure?

But I digress, for our main event awaited us at Utopia Field, where the Montreal Blazers clashed with the newly re-named Jacksonville Zombies in a battle for baseball supremacy. The tension was palpable as the two teams sparred on the diamond, each vying for victory with steely determination.

Alas, it was the Zombies who emerged victorious in a hard-fought contest that stretched into extra innings. Despite a valiant effort by Montreal pitcher Kinzo Iwamoto, the Zombies rallied late to secure a 3-2 win in 14 innings. Hamdan Nuh, the youthful first baseman for Jacksonville, delivered the decisive blow with a run-scoring double in the top of the 14th inning, cementing his team's triumph.

As the final out was recorded and the crowd erupted into cheers, we couldn't help but feel a sense of awe at the spectacle unfolding before us. For in that moment, we were not merely spectators, but participants in the grand theater of baseball, where heroes are made and legends are born.

So, my dear friends, let us cherish these memories of Montréal and hold them close to our hearts as we continue on our journey. For it is not merely the sights and sounds that make a place memorable, but the experiences we share and the bonds we forge along the way.

Bertha looking for a good time in the Great White North...

With fondest regards,

Gertie

7teen
BBA GM

Re: 2059.09 - Gerties Girls Stadium 6 - Montreal

Post by 7teen » Fri May 24, 2024 9:28 am

ohhhh Bertha!
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21