2053.26 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 17 - The Offseason

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.26 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 17 - The Offseason

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:02 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 20 year old shortstop for the Saint John Water Wolves, a Minor League Baseball team in the Caribbean. I was recently drafted by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the Water Wolves for the past few weeks. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

Today marks the end of my first year as a professional baseball player, and I can’t believe how fast time has flown by. I was drafted in the first round, 19th overall, by the Saint John's Water Wolves and it has been a wild ride ever since. We won our division, but unfortunately, we lost in the first round of the playoffs. Nevertheless, it was an incredible experience playing with a talented team, and I’m grateful for the opportunity.

I’ve made some great friends along the way. My teammates are all unique in their own way, and it’s been amazing getting to know each and every one of them. The camaraderie we have built on and off the field has been one of the highlights of my season. I’ll never forget the memories we made this year, and I’m looking forward to making even more in the future.

The coaches have been working with me on improving my skills, and they told me that I need to focus on my hitting and my footwork on the field. I know I have a lot of room for growth, and I’m eager to work on these areas in the off-season. I want to come back next year even stronger and help lead my team to success.

Now that the season is over, I plan to relax and recharge. I’m looking forward to spending time with my family and friends back home in Sandy Springs, GA. I also want to travel and see some new places. I’m thinking about taking a trip to the mountains, as I've seen enough of the beach playing in the Carribean this season. Whatever I do, I know I’ll come back refreshed and ready to tackle next season.

In terms of my stats, I had a decent season, but I know I can do better. I finished with a .273 batting average and hit 10 doubles, 4 triples, and 1 home run. I was also able to drive in 16 runs and score 19. I played both third base and shortstop and had a .968 fielding percentage. I’m proud of what I accomplished this year, but I know I have more to give.

Overall, this has been an unforgettable year, and I’m grateful for the opportunities and experiences I’ve had. I’m looking forward to what the future holds and can’t wait to see what the next season brings.

Sincerely,

John Maggard

Return to “Madison Wolves”