2011 V5 - Megaphone Makes His Presence Known

GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

kestu
Ex-GM

2011 V5 - Megaphone Makes His Presence Known

Post by kestu » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:56 pm

"Lionel 'Megaphone' Sanguinacco is the most overpaid player in the MBWBA" says GM Keith Stuart.

"Lionel 'Megaphone' Sanguinacco is the most overpaid player in the MBWBA" says Manager Joey Cahill.

"Lionel 'Megaphone' Sanguinacco is the most overpaid player in the MBWBA" says team leader John Wilkinson.

"Lionel 'Megaphone' Sanguinacco is the most overpaid player in the MBWBA" says Lionel Sanguinacco.

So, at least there is no need for an argument. Despite the outrageous salary that brought Megaphone to Chicago instead of Omaha (the horror!), Sanguinacco put together a very good season in 2011. While his 2.38 ERA is good enough to validate that comment, a look behind the scenes is even more impressive.

In 2011, Sanguinacco appeared in a 73 games (5th in the JL) while striking out 101 and walking only 22. His k/9 of 11.46 and k/bb ratio of 5.0 are both other-worldly numbers.

"I put too much pressure on myself in 2010" said Megaphone "I tried to earn every penny of that contract that was given to me and that is pretty unrealistic coming out of the bullpen. Once I acknowledged the fact that I just need to do the best I can and accept that I will never put up a full season WAR to justify that salary, I was able to settle down and pitch like I know I can."

As GM Keith Stuart said, "While he's certainly not worth $20 million a year, I'd give him the same contract again tomorrow."

agrudez
Ex-GM

Re: 2011 V5 - Megaphone Makes His Presence Known

Post by agrudez » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:17 pm

2.2 WAR from a reliever is pretty crazy... would've been nice to have in Omaha...
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”