2007 V3 - Cruz done for the year

GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

kestu
Ex-GM

2007 V3 - Cruz done for the year

Post by kestu » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:54 pm

Team MVP Jesus Cruz will miss the rest of the season after developing tendonitis in his elbow. He finishes the year at .329/.395/.531 with 31 doubles, 18 home runs and 12 stolen bases to go along with 66 runs and 72 RBI. All (except runs) represent a career high for the 30 year old.

"It's disappointing, no doubt," said Cruz. "This season has been everything I've hoped for, and more on a personal level, and to have it end this way just isn't right. I just need to focus on getting healthy and get ready for next year. I think we are on the right path as a team for next season - Rivera and Hermit MaDonald have both shown potential for next year. If we can count on them next season and a couple rookies come through - you never know - I don't think .500 is that much of a stretch. Only time will tell - but I'm anxious to report next March."

On a related note, the Black Sox fired team trainer, Francisco Ramos. He had been with the club for 3 seasons.

Al-Hoot

Re: Cruz done for the year

Post by Al-Hoot » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:21 am

Jesus H Cruz, that's a tough loss for you.

I do think you're making some great strategizing for the years to come.

kestu
Ex-GM

Re: Cruz done for the year

Post by kestu » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Thanks. Cruz's numbers were the first thing I'd check each sim - then I'd check development of my young guys. Not much to pay attention to at the ML level for the rest of the year.

I think we should be ok in the coming years, and a couple high draft picks won't hurt either.

Next year's team will be very young - will be curious to see how low our payroll goes - unless there are some quality FA's available.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”