2007 V2 - Chicago waives Hernandez, Scott and Marceau

GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

kestu
Ex-GM

2007 V2 - Chicago waives Hernandez, Scott and Marceau

Post by kestu » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Hector Fernandez, Charlie Scott and Jean-Claude Marceau haven't been stars in the MBWBA during their careers, but they certainly have been solid contributors to almost every team they've been on as evidenced by their combined 459 home runs and .292 career batting average over almost 14,000 career at bats.

Unfortunately that didn't prevent the Chicago Black Sox from waiving these players on Tuesday. All three were waived and were informed by GM Keith Stuart that they would not be back with the club this year.

Shocked and disappointed doesn't begin to describe the reaction by Scott and Hernandez.

"After 14 years at this level I would expect a little more respect from this team," said Fernancez. "It's not like I'm the reason we are 50-75 this year. I'm hitting like I always have - and I've been DESTROYING left handers this year. I understand I'm not getting any younger, but it's not like they have a young Henry Jones coming up to play 3B right now. I just don't see why they feel the need to do this now. Screw them - pay me my $15 million dollars and I'll go party for a year while they sort this mess out."

Charlie Scott added quickly, "apparently .302 hitters are falling out of the trees in Chicago so why would they keep me around, anyway?"

It is unlikely there is much of a market for any of these players at their current salaries, but after passing through waivers Chicago is expecting to potentially trade these guys away while paying a portion of their contracts or simply releasing them.

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”