2007 V1 - Chicago's Cruz participates in first All-Star game

GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

kestu
Ex-GM

2007 V1 - Chicago's Cruz participates in first All-Star game

Post by kestu » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Image Outfielder Jesus Cruz was named to his first all-star team on June 30th largely on the strength of his .364 average, 15 home runs and 57 RBI.

The 30-year old Cruz has spent most of his time batting 3rd and playing left field for the Black Sox and will undoubtedly reach a career high in almost every offensive category this year after spending the previous 5 years shuttling between AAA and the bench in Chicago.

"It's a huge honor - I always knew I had the talent to contribute at this level, but appearing in the All-Star game this year was beyond my wildest dreams," said Cruz. "It's a testament to my dedication to this game and this city (Chicago) that I am appearing in this game as a Black Sox player after years of not getting a full time opportunity here."

"It's been frustrating, but at least this is a small piece of recognition that can help drive me in the coming years. Hopefully in the future, I have someone from Chicago to make this trip with me," Cruz added while laughing.

Cruz went 0-3 while hitting out of the 2-hole for the Johnson League which won 7-6 over the Frick League.

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”