2058.04 - Letter to Brother, from Tolya Shiller dated 6/17/2058

GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

R.Umali
BBA GM

2058.04 - Letter to Brother, from Tolya Shiller dated 6/17/2058

Post by R.Umali » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:00 am

Privet, bratan!

"'Hola.' This is what they say here for 'Privet' in Monclova. I also know: pour fa-vor (please), ben-day-ho (something bad), and a few other bad phrases. There are no other Russians here, like your prediction. Mostly American of course. But some Panamanian. So it is all English. Except lots of Spanish speakers.

Here is latest picture of me. Save it. It might be worth something one day.

I saw my first action and got my initial win. I come in as a closer in a losing game against the Fighting Artichokes. I pitched 2 innings, struck out 2. My first victim: Kijuro Yamashita. But I concede 3 hits and 1 earned run. We were already losing but our team scored 3 in the 9th. Now my team is 6-8.

Now begins my real time with the esteemed Black Sox organization. Pedro Guzman is my pitching coach and he is so-so. He used to be first baseman when he played. Why he is pitching coach is the big question. I believe you know more about pitching than he does! No, I know you know!

I spend more time with the manager, Marcos Sanchez. He was a pitcher for Boise over two decades ago, but his last season as a pitcher was with CSKA Army in the GBC! What a coincidence. He gave me the salute and I almost fall out of my shoes. And he knows some Russian! He's good. It makes it nice. I watch some of his highlights on Vision. I will learn from him, I think. Also I shared with him some of the kolbasa you sent. He loved it. Send more. The food here is good but differently spiced.

I am supposed to start in a couple of days. I think I will pitch a lot of innings here. This is good and bad. Tony Tadtke, chosen first round two years ago, is still pitching here. But he is still only 19 - I am older than him by 14 days! He is very really good. Every person can see why he went in the first round. Very fast pitcher but very wild.

Many of new recruits here. Third round guy is also here. Wilson Reyes. American boy. Very young. Always talking. Tries to grow big beard but he is still high schooler. He has 6 pitches but all rubbish. I have to really beat this baklan since I found out he got a bigger signing bonus than me. Over 1 million. Our agent is shit.

Brother, this is fun but lonely. I am sticking to our regimen and getting stronger. I am placed in a house with the fourth round pick, Manuel Ramos. He always wants to work out. I tell him "your muscles are getting too big soon you will be a wrestler." He has good mix of pitches. The hosting family is very nice. They have pool. There are two kids but they are always giggling so I make funny mean faces at them.

I think of you on the line every day. I hope you are staying safe and keeping the world good!

I carry our father's memory and pride with each pitch.

Tolya

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2058.04 - Letter to Brother, from Tolya Shiller dated 6/17/2058

Post by Jwalk100 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:10 pm

Pendejo isnt that bad. My wife calls me that all the time.

You just dont want to be called baboso or mameco.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”