GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

KJChmura
Ex-GM

2056.06: Talkin' Black Sox (Sim #17)

Post by KJChmura » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:11 pm

On Season So Far
General Manager Kevin Chmura wrote:
We came into this season hoping to be .500 and continue developing our young players. Very early on, this season went the wrong way. We adapted and brought in some veterans to try and stabilize the roster. This has - kind of - helped. Since beginning of May, we are 34-45. Not ideal, but better than the 5-22 April.

We desperately need to be more aggressive going into this off-season in bringing in offensive players. I personally keep holding out hope our key prospects become ready, but this off-season we need to bring in 2-3 professional qualify hitters to stabilize the lineup next year.

On Redline Report
We are aware of a news story being developed through Redline Report. In my view, it’s a hit piece from a gossip website.

For those unfamiliar with Redline Report, it’s a Chicago based “conspiracy” site, whose entire existence is around causing drama and rumors around Chicago. The story being asked about is around Rocky Wattson and the elimination of his “Legacy contract”.

Look, I don’t think there is any story behind the Wattson release. We even brought him back to be a minor league advisor for us earlier this year, but for some reason Redline Report is snooping around trying to find a hit piece on our team. As of today, we have no comment on the piece, but I am sure we will be open to talk about it after it gets released.

On Upcoming Promotions
It’s no surprise we are pretty much eliminated from playoff consideration and our focus is around preparing for next year. We have started this process with the promotions of Abidin Yigit, William Mejia and Ayyad Faisal. This is only the start for us. In the coming weeks, we will be looking at promoting the following players.

Murugayan Malabanan is a pitcher we are extremely excited about and hope to see him in our rotation full time next year. We expect him to be promoted by mid-August.

Julio Miller is another player we see great potential with. If he was healthy all season, he would be in majors already. If he can stay healthy, he will be promoted by September.

Mark Kiernan will likely be up by mid-August. Mark has hit everywhere he has been, but he has Collins in front of him at first base. Mark will get some experience, but be mainly a depth play as we get into next year.

Tsu-bahr Hru is the player we are most cautious with. He may not be promoted until next year, but he is a guy we see as the anchor to our infield. With Hru, he will be our future lead off hitter and either 2B or SS.

Individually, none of these players will win awards, but they make up a team with strengths that we focus on. As a team, these players can be dangerous and I cannot wait to see it.  

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 2056.06: Talkin' Black Sox (Sim #17)

Post by Dington » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:52 am

Got some good young players. Just a little TCR in your favor and you’ll be looking good.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”