2056.05: Talkin' Black Sox (Sim #4)

GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

KJChmura
Ex-GM

2056.05: Talkin' Black Sox (Sim #4)

Post by KJChmura » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:12 pm

On 4-22 Record
General Manager Kevin Chmura wrote:It’s been embarrassingly bad. Last year we started 10-20 and I thought that was rock bottom. This year, nothing has gone right. Whether it’s our rotation giving up 7 runs a game or scoring 1 or 0 runs in 12 of the 26 games, it has been rough. We’ve been adjusting on the go, with the signing of offensive help and I am hopeful we turn the corner, but man… its been tough to watch.
On Rotation
General Manager Kevin Chmura wrote:I am at a loss for words with our rotation. Drew Bessi went from being an All-Star last year to a 2.25 WHIP and 10.35 ERA in 5 starts. Anthony Jones, ideally, is an average starter, but he put up some of the worst numbers imaginable with a 14.73 ERA in 11 innings in 3 starts.

Our move forward plan is as follows – Carlos Moya, Richard Bullock, Felipe Mendez, Bobby Sherman & Tommy Baird will be our short-term solution in the rotation. We have a few free agent offers that, if signed, can help bolster our pitching staff. The hope is that Drew Bessi & Motuha Kalinda can move to bullpen and regain some confidence. Ideally, by June/July, they will both be back and ready to add value to the bullpen.
On Lineup
General Manager Kevin Chmura wrote:Welp, the concept of focusing on high average, good defense, limited power has not worked. It has not worked at all. So, we are almost starting over. We brought in Chris Thomas, Felipe Reyna & Jiao-long Ma to help bolster the offense. We are also looking at adding 1-2 more free agent hitters.

The way we see it now, we have the following positions settled: Catcher (Tyler/Elias), 1B (Frank Collins), 3B (Jeremy Starks). Every other position is up for grabs as we figure this season out. We’ve tried to be patient and play the “we are 1 year away from all these great prospects being ready”, but never in my wildest dreams did I think 4-22 would happen. The big thing is – we can’t force prospects to the majors because we are sucking. That will not help their growth. So, what we are doing is sticking to the plan regarding our prospects, but also now looking to bring in external resources to help us win in 2056.

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”