GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

tylertoo
Ex-GM

52.9 You Say Goodbye, I Say Hello: 2052 Edition

Post by tylertoo » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:59 pm

You Say Goodbye, I Say Hello
2052 Edition

Chicago, August 31, 2052 -- Black Sox GM Mike Dunn, still apparently the subject of a grand jury probe related to the untimely "accidental" demise of the late team owner Vinnie Vitale, tried to deflect attention from his legal woes by carrying out three -- count 'em, three -- deadline trades. Gone are three mainstays of the Black Sox whose contracts are set to expire at year's end. Incoming are five younger players with fair-to-middling upside.

Critics say Dunn should have gone further, with a complete sell-off of the team's stars, like SP Bernie Stuart and SS Badr Isam. Our sources indicate Dunn opted not to do so because, with the last few years of crappy draft pools, the return was not likely to be much better, and certainly not enough to compensate for the loss of fan interest that losing those studs would cause.

You Say Goodbye:
1B/OF Manoell Whanon -- Whanon arrived as one of Dunn's first trades when he returned to helm Chicago back in 2050. Now he heads to Las Vegas.
SP Juan Marroquín - signed as a free agent to a one-year deal in hopes the team could contend, Marroquín now goes to a contender, Long Beach
SP Mike MacRobb -- also signed in the offseason to a one-year deal, MacRobb now heads to Boise to help their playoff aspirations

And I Say Hello:
SP Brian Tite (AAA) - from Long Beach, Tite will take a spot in the AAA rotation for the moment
SS Najm al Din Kamil (AAA) -- Also from Long Beach
RP Shimpei Ono (AAA) - From Boise. Ono, no relation to Yoko, will be immediately assigned to the major league club, in the bullpen
2B Imad Emir (A) -- Also from Boise
2B Ralph Knowles (AA) -- Las Vegas's second round draft pick this season.

Whanon heads to Vegas
The deals save the club some cash, probably around $2 million. Taking Marroquin's and MacRobb's spots on the pitching staff are Francisco Ortiz, promoted from AAA, and the newly acquired Shimpei Ono.

The Black Sox are 63-70 on the season, good for fourth place in the Heartland Division.
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

datom25
Ex-GM

Re: 52.9 You Say Goodbye, I Say Hello: 2052 Edition

Post by datom25 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:44 pm

I mean I would love to read the article but the gif has made me watch Get Back again.
Montreal Blazers (2052-): Playoffs 2052, 2054 (2-6)
Sao Paulo Pilots (2051-2): Playoffs 2051 (0-5)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”