47:003 Jim Wilkinson elated until Wife spoils it.

GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

allenciox
Ex-GM

47:003 Jim Wilkinson elated until Wife spoils it.

Post by allenciox » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:59 pm

Jim Wilkinson couldn't wait to get home to tell his wife the good news. "She will be so happy!" he thought to himself as he drove to his newly acquired home in the western suburbs.

His wife was at the door looking out as he arrived. He didn't even wait to open his car door, but just blurted it out. "Guess what?" he said.

His wife was intrigued. "What?"

He exited the car and took his wife up in a big bear hug, whirling around like a dervish. "We get to stay here for four more years!" he announced.

"Oh, so you got the extension?" He could see her eyes widen with anticipation. "How much?"

"Well, you will be so impressed," he said. "I played hard ball with them. They had offered $8 million over four years, and I told them 'No way!'"

"So what did they come back with?".

"Get this," he replied. "$35 million total. $8 million for the first three seasons --- including a player opt-out after the second season, AND....: $11 million for the fourth season."

"Wow, $11 million! That's great. And no strings attached?"

"Well...." he admitted. "The fourth season is a vesting option, requiring me to have 25 games started in the third one."

She stepped away. "You realize they have no intention of paying you that $11 million, don't you?"

He got defensive, "Oh, why?"

"Don't you see? All they have to do in that third season is start you for 24 games. Then, assuming you haven't gotten injured, move you to the pen for the remainder. And since it is a vesting option rather than a team option, they don't even have to buy you out. Yet the lure of that $11 million keeps you from exercising your player option after season 2. "

"You really think they would do that?" he asked, increduously.

"Oh, my dear dear husband" She ran her hand through his hair and, as she got to the end, held tight and shook it. "You are a great husband, but dear me, you are so naive!"

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 47:003 Jim Wilkinson elated until Wife spoils it.

Post by CTBrewCrew » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:27 am

….what did PT Barnum once say… 🤔

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 47:003 Jim Wilkinson elated until Wife spoils it.

Post by Dington » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:37 am

Damn women and their logic!
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”