Sox Scoops 42.130: Angry Sox Fans Demand Correction

GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Sox Scoops 42.130: Angry Sox Fans Demand Correction

Post by HoosierVic » Sat May 02, 2020 9:55 am

[Chicago Sports Online Recording]

Operator: Good morning! Chicago Sports Online – how may I direct your call?

Caller: You can connect me with the a**hole who keeps your baseball standings up to date. You people must be hiring drunks down there – you got the Black Sox wins and losses backwards.

Operator: Ah. Yes. We’ve had a number of calls on that this morning, sir, and I’ve been asked to reassure you that the standings are correct as we have posted them.

Caller: What, are you on something, too? Listen lady, I’ve been following the Sox day-in and day-out since they moved back to town, and they ain’t never been anything like 5 games over .500. I’m tellin’ ya, you’ve got that backwards.

Operator: No sir. Their record is correct in our standings: 53 wins and 48 losses.

Caller: Jesus. You guys really have lost it. I’m gonna have to get my sports news someplace reputable, like that BBA Today podcast.

Operator: No need to get nasty, sir …

[Chicago Tribune Sports Department Recording]

Reporter (sounding harried): Tribune Sports …

Caller: Hey, I just wanted to call attention to a mistake you guys made in your online edition this morning.

Reporter: Yeah? What’s that?

Caller: Well, you guys have the Black Sox at 53-48 in 4th place, and I’m pretty sure you’ve got those numbers backwards.

Reporter: Nah. You’re like the 20th caller on that this morning. Numbers are right – they won 6 in a row and they’re in 4th.

Caller: You know, I’ve been a Tribune subscriber for 44 years, and I expect a higher standard of reporting out of you guys than that.

Reporter: Well, the numbers are the numbers, pal.

Caller: I can see I’m going to need to find a new source for my sports news that actually cares about accuracy. Maybe I’ll just try What’s Brewing in the Brewster.

Reporter: No need to get nasty, buddy …

[Ben and the Bulldog Morning Show on 670 The Score Sports Radio]

Caller: … and can you believe those idiots over at Chicago Sports Online? They can’t even get the standings straight. They mixed up the Sox wins and losses this morning – had ‘em with a winning record!

Bulldog:
I know. I saw that. It’s gettin’ so you can’t trust anybody anymore!

Ben: Uh, Bulldog … guys … you do know they had that right, don’t you? The Sox won 6 in a row and went over .500.

Caller: Aww, man. Not you, too. I see I’m gonna have to start listening to somebody who knows what they’re talkin’ about, like those Frontier Roundup guys …

Bulldog: Hey, hey, hey. Watch your language, fella! This is a family show …

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”