Sox Scoops 40.138: "Grand Junction Hurler Wins July Award, Still Feels Overlooked By Franchise"

GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Sox Scoops 40.138: "Grand Junction Hurler Wins July Award, Still Feels Overlooked By Franchise"

Post by HoosierVic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:28 pm

By Rick Mariotti
Minor Leagues Beat Writer

Chicago Sports Online

Grand Junction, CO – Gold Sox starter Thomas Kirchmann was honored last week as the top pitcher for July in the Class A Provost Sub-League.

The Chicago Black Sox prospect went 5-1 in 7 starts, throwing 54.1 innings, striking out 14 and compiling a solid 2.48 ERA.

Thomas Kirchmann
“This is sweet,” Kirchmann told reporters. “I feel like I get a little overlooked sometimes, and I hope this reminds the front office guys back in Chicago that I’m down here in Grand Junction plugging away.”

Kirchmann is correct that he doesn’t command the attention drawn by teammate Andresa Frederico, who is considered one of the franchise’s top pitching prospects thanks to glowing scouting reports and skills evaluations.

But if you want to go by performance on the field – a novel concept to some – Kirchmann is having a season every bit as good as Frederico’s.

Even better, in a few categories.

On the season, Kirchmann is 14-3 over 151.1 innings, with a 3.21 ERA, 45 Ks and 19 walks.

Frederico, on the other hand, is 13-4 with a 3.98 ERA, 135 Ks and 24 walks.

“Hey, look, I’m not saying I’m better than Andresa. I’m just saying I’m good, too, and how about paying attention to both of us?” Kirchmann said.

Asst. Black Sox GM Bill McGuffin seemed a bit annoyed by Kirchmann’s assertion that the team is ignoring him.

“I’m sorry Thomas feels that way, but it’s certainly not true,” McGuffin said. “We, of course, have been noticing Kirkbaum’s … err, Kirchmann’s … performance. Any suggestion that we haven’t is just plain wrong.”

When told of McGuffin’s slip up on his name, Kirchmann just smirked.

“Kinda proves my point, right?” he said.

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: Sox Scoops 40.138: "Grand Junction Hurler Wins July Award, Still Feels Overlooked By Franchise"

Post by recte44 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:40 pm

What if Tavio was horrible? He’d be Kirschmann.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”