Sox Scoops 40.133: "Sox at Seattle Series Results"

GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Sox Scoops 40.133: "Sox at Seattle Series Results"

Post by HoosierVic » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:24 pm

Image Sox at Seattle Series Results Image

07/31/40: Chicago Black Sox @ Seattle Storm - Win, 6-3.
Storm Lose to Black Sox, 6-3
W: R. Jaramillo (2-0) L: G. Graves (4-11) .
HR - CHI: T. Cochran (21), E. Lugo (10)

08/01/40: Chicago Black Sox @ Seattle Storm - Win, 5-4.
Black Sox Solve Storm, 5-4
W: A. Moelling (11-7) L: Z. Anto (6-10) S: P. Bure, Jr. (19).
HR - CHI: D. Dave (14), F. Reyes (14) SEA: T. Rice (2)

Game 1 Notables: 1B Emilio Lugo and DH Tommy Cochran each banged out homers to pace the Chicago offense, but the big news in this game was another devastating injury to the Sox pitching corps. Promising young RP Raúl Jaramillo tore an elbow ligament while pitching in the 6th inning and will be lost to the team for roughly 9 months … SP Manuel Peña threw an effective 4 innings, but ran up against his pitch count limit and yielded to Jaramillo in the 5th. Peña went 4.0 innings, yielding 4 hits and 0 runs with 3 Ks and 2 walks. PQS score: 1 … Player of the Game: Emilio Lugo … Cliché of the Game: “I felt good up there,” Lugo said. “I saw the ball well.”

Game 2 Notables: SP Amayas Moelling went 6.0 innings, allowing 6 hits, 3 runs and 0 walks while striking out 3 as he picked up his 11th win of the season. PQS score: 1 … On the offensive side of things, C Diesel Dave went 2-3 with a 2-run homer in the 4th inning … Player of the Game: Diesel Dave … Cliché of the Game: “I just try to see the ball and put a good swing on it,” Dave said.

In Sum:
Although it was nice to sweep even a short series, this had the feeling of a pyrrhic victory with the injury to Jaramillo. Thankfully, relief pitching is an area of relative strength in the Chicago minor league system. There are young arms who can come in next season and the one after that to pick up the slack, but Jaramillo is a loss – especially if that injury reduces his effectiveness going forward.

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”