Sox Scoops 40.140: "Sox At Yellow Springs Series Results"

GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Sox Scoops 40.140: "Sox At Yellow Springs Series Results"

Post by HoosierVic » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:34 pm

Image Sox at Yellow Springs Series Results Image

08/03/40: Chicago Black Sox @ Yellow Springs Nine - Loss, 3-5.
Nine Subdue Chicago, 5-3
W: C. Pineda (2-0) L: A. Soto (5-8) S: C. Phillips (20).
HR - CHI: T. Cochran (22) YS9: J. Ginn (7)

08/04/40: Chicago Black Sox @ Yellow Springs Nine - Loss, 0-3.
Valle Sensational for Nine
W: C. Valle (15-4) L: J. Nicto (13-5) S: C. Phillips (21).
HR - YS9: S. Martínez (7)

08/05/40: Chicago Black Sox @ Yellow Springs Nine - Loss, 0-3.
Victory Over Black Sox Takes Yellow Springs to 76-35
W: L. Colón (11-4) L: M. Peña (5-8) S: C. Phillips (22).
HR - YS9: L. McNeill (20)

08/06/40: Chicago Black Sox @ Yellow Springs Nine - Loss, 2-4.
Victory Pushes Nine Record to 77-35
W: T. O'Macken (4-2) L: A. Moelling (11-8) S: F. Delgado (1).
HR - YS9: A. McKinney (15), S. Martínez (8)

Game 1 Notables: In this series, the Sox sought the answer to an age-old baseball question: what do you get when you don’t hit, don’t pitch, and don’t field? Answer: this misbegotten series in Yellow Springs … Alejandro Soto got things rolling with a horrible start: 2.1 IP, 4 hits, 5 runs, 4 walks and 1 K. PQS: 0 … The closest thing to offense was supplied by DH Tommy Cochran, who hit a solo homer in the 6th … Player of the Game: John Ginn, YS9 right fielder who went 2-3 with a solo homer … Cliché of the Game: “I’m just looking for a good pitch that I can hit well, and not try to do too much,” said Juan López, YS9 second baseman, who hit a 2-run double in the 3rd inning.

Game 2 Notables: YS9 starter Carlos Valle shut the Sox down in this one, scattering 3 hits in 7.1 innings, with 1 walk and 10(!) strikeouts. PQS: 5 … The Sox offense? None that we could detect … Player of the Game: Carlos Valle … Cliché of the Game: “That’s a solid team effort right there,” Valle said. “Everyone’s feeling positive after that win.” Well, not everyone …

Game 3 Notables: So, you remember Game 2? The one where Chicago’s lineup seemingly took an Uber to a nearby theater to watch the 23rd reboot of the Amazing Spiderman? Well, they liked it so much they went to see it again … YS9 starter Luis Colón went 7 innings, allowing 2 hits and 0 runs while walking 2 and striking out 2. PQS: 3 … Sox SP Manuel Peña probably deserved a better fate … what are we talking about? No he didn’t: 5.1 IP, 4 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, 3 Ks. PQS: 1 … Player of the Game: Luis Colón … Cliché of the Game: “I like what I saw today,” said YS9 Manager Bill Inkster, “and I can’t wait to get back out there and do it again.” Pssst. Hey, Bill. Come over here. Vinnie’s got a couple of friends who want to discuss that quote with you over a nice cold crowbar …

Game 4 Notables: Chicago played Yellow Springs and scored some actual runs! Two, to be exact. Did they win? Are you high? Of course not. But this felt like a moral victory … 2B Rocky Wattson and RF Manny Cleide hit actual doubles and Cleide scored an actual run. The training staff had to administer smell salts afterwards … Player of the Game: Ernesto Ramos, YS9 SP, who went 5.0 innings allowing 5 hits, 2 runs and 1 walk while striking out 7. PQS: 3 … Cliché of the Game: “I like how we’re playing right now,” said Abdeljilill Sediki, YS9 center fielder. Sigh.

In Sum: Years from now, this will come to be know as “the series which must not be named.” Of course, it will join 5 or 6 (or 9 or 10) others from this season in that category, but still. If nothing else, playing Yellow Springs highlights what the Black Sox will need in order to compete: everything. Lucky for us, we’ve got The Blueprint™! It may need a few addendums, but still …

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: Sox Scoops 40.140: "Sox At Yellow Springs Series Results"

Post by jleddy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Is it necessary to watch the first twenty-two "Amazing Spiderman" films before watching #23 or can I jump right in?
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: Sox Scoops 40.140: "Sox At Yellow Springs Series Results"

Post by HoosierVic » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:07 pm

Oh, jump right in. It's a reboot. Isn't every Spider-man movie a reboot?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”