Moderator: R.Umali

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Huntsville Headlines 38.015: Las Vegas Series Recap

Post by HoosierVic » Mon May 20, 2019 1:22 pm

United Press International

Huntsville Phantoms at Las Vegas Hustlers
Sept. 2, 2038

Young Las Vergas first baseman Raúl Alilea had a big day at the plate, powering the Hustlers over the visiting Huntsville Phantoms 7-5.

Alilea, 20, hit 2 homers and knocked in 6 runs in bringing Las Vegas from behind to send Huntsville to its fourth straight defeat Thursday evening.

Huntsville actually went into the 7th inning with a 5-4 lead, but Alilea made sure that didn’t last. He faced Huntsville reliever Juan Alfonso with two runners on, launching a 2-1 fastball 423 feet into the left center field stands for a 3-run home run that gave Vegas a lead it would not relinquish.

Alilea – who entered the game with just one home run – also hit a 3-run homer in the first inning off Huntsville starter Yu-bao Tong.

Score: Las Vegas 7, Huntsville 5
WP: Augate Balin PQR: 5
LP: Juan Alfonso PQR: 0
SV: Shawn Huber PQR: 5*
Player of the Game: Raúl Alilea
Cliché of the Game: “We took advantage of our opportunities. It’s as simple as that,” said Alilea.

Sept. 3, 2038

For the second straight game, the Las Vegas Hustlers victimized a Huntsville relief pitcher with a home run to take a come-from-behind victory over the Phantoms.

Huntsville was leading 5-4 going into the bottom of the 6th inning when Hustlers DH Quant Kouros led off with a sharp single to left against relief pitcher Frits Brinson. That brought Henry Rectonberg to the plate. The right fielder ran the count to 2-2 when Brinson tried to sneak a fastball by him. Rectenberg, who was 3-5 on the day, hit a towering fly 402 feet to right center for a 2-run homer that would prove to be the game winner.

Score: Las Vegas 6, Huntsville 5
WP: Javier Garcia PQR: 3
LP: Frits Brinson PQR: 0
SV: Shawn Huber PQR: 5*
Player of the Game: Henry Rectenberg
Cliché of the Game: “This was a good win for us,” Rectenberg said. “It’s one more step towards our ultimate goal.”

Sept. 4, 2038

Las Vegas starter Hao Kun threw a complete-game shutout to sweep the Hustlers’ three-game set against Huntsville and send the Phantoms to their 6th straight defeat by a score of 4-0.

Kun allowed 7 hits while walking no one and striking out three in shutting down the Huntsville offense. He told reporters after the game that he had “sub-par” stuff, but his defense backed him up.

The win took Kun’s season record to 13-9, with an ERA of 4.84.

Score: Las Vegas 4, Huntsville 0
WP: Hao Kun PQS: 4
LP: Vito Reyes PQS: 2
Player of the Game: Hao Kun
Cliché of the Game: “It didn’t feel quite right today, but I got a lot of help to get through,” Kun said. “I trusted my catcher and the guys behind me bailed me out more than once when I screwed up.”

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: Huntsville Headlines 38.015: Las Vegas Series Recap

Post by recte44 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:54 pm

Got some guys on the right track in this series.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Huntsville Headlines 38.015: Las Vegas Series Recap

Post by RonCo » Mon May 20, 2019 10:38 pm

Sweeps have a tendency to do that.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”