GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Huntsville Headlines 38.003: The Problem of David Hall

Post by HoosierVic » Tue May 07, 2019 1:48 pm

[Recording starts]

This is GM Voice Memo Number Two.

I brought David Hall back to the majors this morning. Although I think I’m beginning to understand what my predecessor in the job was trying to do with the roster, I do not understand what he was doing with Hall.

This is a kid who hits nearly 50 homers a year – at the big-league level – and we’re supposed to be content to let him sit in AAA, fume at the team, and erode away to nothing?

Sorry. Not gonna do it.

So, I sent Carlos Alonzo back to Carolina to make room for him. Carlos is a good kid, has some talent, but … well, just but.
David Hall
Maybe I’m crazy. Won’t be the first – or the last – person to think so, but sitting a 48-homer-a-year guy down at AAA just isn’t something I can live with.

One more thing: I’m expanding my little “opener” experiment, as a result of last week's hamstring tweak by Yu-bao Tong. It’s nothing serious and the trainer said it should only take a day to recover from, but he’s one of our better starters and I don’t want to take a chance.

Sooo … I’m going to try Justin Archer in his spot, with a 35 pitch count limit. And I’m keeping Mutsuhito Imai in the rotation for now, too. He’s going to sub in for Vito Reyes, who’s really been struggling. A week or so off might help Reyes collect himself … at least I hope so.

What’s the worst that can happen? I get booted out of Alabama? Sheesh. I must have done something terrible in a former life to deserve Mumbai and Alabama back-to-back.

It’d kill the BBA to expand to Fiji?

Ok, heading down to the field to talk to the guys and maybe play a little catch. Hope I can find a right-handed fielder’s glove. Last time, I had to send the bat boy over to Dick's Sporting Goods to find one. This place is impossible, sometimes.

Later.

[Recording stops]

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Huntsville Headlines 38.003: The Problem of David Hall

Post by RonCo » Wed May 08, 2019 1:47 pm

Fiji. I like the idea of Fiji...but we might lose the Genius forever if we put a team there.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”