21.2. Let's Get Out of Here!

GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

agrudez
Ex-GM

21.2. Let's Get Out of Here!

Post by agrudez » Fri May 15, 2015 2:04 pm

Here we are today outside the stadium as the new GM of our beloved Chicago Black Sox, Kyle Stever, has called an impromptu press conference. Would it be to announce another trade? Or perhaps to assuage the fears of those Black Sox faithful whom view his current stance on the market as "throwing in the towel" on the 2021 season before it begins. Let's find out, as here he is stepping to the podium now. Oh, wait a second, he is carrying something... what is that? Is that, a replica of the Chicago stadium? Oh, how wonderful, he is paying tribute to our franchise's long standing heritage and the fan base's affinity for the beautiful temple at which our team pours their heart and soul out 162 times a year. He has now placed the replica down in front of the podium and, this is odd, he doesn't appear to have a microphone on him. Wait a moment, what is he doing now? He appears to be pouring something over top of the replica... is that... water? No, the stench is undeniable, it is gasoline. Why would he be pouring gaso-... oh, what is this?! He just lit a match and... NO! He just dropped the lit match on top of the replica stadium. Oh dear god, why! Why would he desecrate the sacred image of our stadium like that?! The owner surely will not stand for such-

*CRASH* *Exasperated screams*

A wrecking ball just crashed into the side of the REAL Chicago stadium! Rubble is raining down like a hellfire all over the parking lot where we are assembled! Oh dear god! The chaos! Pieces of debris have fallen on some of my colleagues and their shrill cries are an unbearable testament to the anarchy surrounding us. I want to help them, but stopping would almost ensure that I would share their fate. Looking back now I can see Stever amidst the center of the chaos and he... appears to be playing a fiddle... and cackling like the madman that he is. What in the world does this all mean?! There is no time to think about that now...

Let's get out of here!
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

7teen
BBA GM

Re: 21.2. Let's Get Out of Here!

Post by 7teen » Fri May 15, 2015 2:15 pm

:plus1:
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Post by trmmilwwi » Fri May 15, 2015 2:47 pm

To Sheboygan we go! Strike up the polka band and get your kingsburys! This will be a real party!!
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

felipe
Ex-GM

Post by felipe » Fri May 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Now they are left with only the Cuba and the Sox...or are they? I was never sure of the back story here...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”