2059.4 - Letter to Mummy from Dhrtatman Seshadri (dated 5/12/59)

GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

R.Umali
BBA GM

2059.4 - Letter to Mummy from Dhrtatman Seshadri (dated 5/12/59)

Post by R.Umali » Fri May 24, 2024 3:10 pm

Dearest Mum,

My dream is coming faster than I had ever hoped. I have been promoted to the Rockford Bulldogs after only 2 starts with the Peoria Spirts, the double A club. We lost both games but that club is not so good. There are hardly enough players on the bench. But the pitching coach, Francisco Nava, is quite good, excellent even. In my first game with the Spirits, I stuck out 15 batters! Unfortunately we still lost the game. The next game I struck out 11 but the result is the same: the loss.

Nava always tells me not to worry and that this was just a stop on the road to the BBA. I just could not think it would happen so soon.

I am enclosing a baseball card for Kushal's collection. This is one with Manuel Ramos, drafted in the 4th round.

We were both featured in the 2059 BBA Media Guide! He had a better season than me in Monclova but that's only because he is super healthy and made more starts. He had 11 wins and only 2 losses. Truly, he is inspirational. It is a wonder to me that he has yet to be promoted. He is still down in Mexico probably still rooming with Toyla Shiller. Poor guy! That Toyla is a bad influence on him.

Rockford, Illinois is a bigger town than Peoria. And a bit closer to Chicago. Did you read that the Black Sox signed Adhyapayana Mehta? I thought it was great but I felt bad for Candranibha Saswata. Mr. Saswata is injured now so all and all a good signing. Isn't it odd that most of the Indians playing in the BBA are second basemen or pitchers? Did you read that Isat Kasturirangan is back in the BBA and is playing for the Des Moines Kernels. He's making the most of it.

Give my love to daddy, and the card to Kushal.

Seshadri

------------------
Sim 4-5 notes

Two 2-4 sims to fall to a 13-17 record, putting us now 13 games behind the juggernaut Bluebirds. 3B Jeremy Starks is the only guy hitting. Todd Tatlock has slumped to a .189 / .196 / .263 slash line but remains healthy and reportedly in good spirits.

Dhrtatma Seshadri pitched out of the bullpen when he arrived at Rockford but was given a chance to start against the Commerce Yard Goats. It did not go well.. Well, scratch that. There was good and bad. The bad: 3 HR given up. This from a guy who has a lifetime 0.5 HR/9. The good: 10 K's, which is just above his career average.

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”