Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 57.06 | Salsman Changes Job Title

Post by Dington » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:54 pm

Salsman Changes Job Title

January 26, 2057
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Not many people noticed when Ken Salsman retired at the end of 2046. And why would they? Unless you were a diehard Orlando Oranges fan, you probably never heard of the right-hander’s name. He had a career 4.09 ERA in the minors after being selected in the 11th round of the 2047 draft. Even Bluebirds GM Chad Nason apparently didn’t know the name.

Ken Salsman

“Well, I guess I’ll just say it because it’s kinda a funny story,” said Nason. “Ken walked into my office confused at the end of the season. He said he didn’t know where to report because his assignment details never arrived. I didn’t know how to tell the kid he got a pink slip, but naivety aside, Kenny seemed smart. We just so happened to have a pitching coach position available in Santo Domingo. I’ve been too busy with off the field issues and I just wanted to position filled, so I kept the job in the family.”

And that, folks, is how Ken Salsman kept his job, sorta. Timing is everything, they say, just ask Salsman.

"I guess I'm excited for the new gig. I didn't think my playing days were over, but this will at least put food on the table for my family. Plus, it's a short trip from Orlando where I was playing previously, so I won't have to pack much."
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”