Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 57.05 | Kidd Named 2056 Silk Winner

Post by Dington » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:21 pm

Kidd Named 2056 Silk Winner

November 14, 2056
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

While 2056 didn’t end the way Bluebirds fans had hoped, there were several bright spots during the season to be celebrated. Battery mates, Steven Clayton and Jesús Rodríguez each won Gold Gloves. Outfielders, Juan Rivera and Roger Kidd, each won a Silver Slugger award for their respective positions. Billy Kelly almost nabbed a Nebraska Golden Arm award in his first season as a Bluebird, but fell just short in the voting. Highly-regarded rookie CF Crissy Tingle took home the 2056 Gillstrom Award for the top newcomer. But one award reigned supreme.

LF Juan Rivera was far and away the best player in the Frick League this past season, but didn’t rack up enough plate appearances to qualify for the Sawyer Silk Sliver Slugger award due to a torn hamstring that sidelined the future Hall of Famer for several weeks. With no other surefire candidates, the race was open to several Frick League players, including Bluebirds, Helmut Grün and Roger Kidd. The Tropics’ Adam Backhouse was the leading vote getter until the final days of voting when the Nashville right fielder snuck into the lead. Kidd took home the award over Backhouse and company for the first time in his career.

“Wow!” said Kidd. “I can’t believe it. I busted my tail, but I honestly didn’t know I would even be a candidate for the league MVP. I’m glad I could help do my part, but I’d trade the hardware for a Monty instead. We’ll be gunning for it next year.”

RF Roger Kidd

Kidd led the Frick League in SLG and OPS, but only accrued 3.7 WAR, the lowest ever for a Silk winner (maybe).
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”