Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 54.15 | Bumper Unconceivably Traded Amidst Bluebirds Struggles

Post by Dington » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:56 pm

Bumper Unconceivably Traded Amidst Bluebirds Struggles

May 20, 2054
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Despite being seen as one of the preseason favorites to win the Heartland, the Bluebirds have struggled out of the gate for the second consecutive year faltering to 6th place and a record of 18-20. Some of the lineup has yet to heat up, but most will look to pitching as the biggest reason for the decline, while others will say the defense hasn’t provided much help. Whatever the reason, management had seen enough and decided on a shakeup, deciding to send their, arguably, best player away in a trade. Sammy ‘Bumper’ McNeill led the team in WAR, but was sent to the Charm City Jimmies for a few prospects in what many are calling a ‘hate trade’ or trade made out of anger.

SS Sammy McNeill

“I don’t even know what to say’” said Bluebirds fan, Hunter Cooper. “Sammy is the best shortstop in the league and they gave him away for a couple of prospects. Pitching prospects, at that! Say goodbye to this season!”

In return of McNeill, Nashville will receive pitching prospects, Sam Landry and Mark Lolololo and 1B prospect Max Littlefield. Armed with a young talented rotation with other young pitchers in line, the trade makes little sense when the headliner of the return is more pitching. Lolololo has the most upside with BBA ranking him the game’s #1 prospect in June 2052. He has fallen off scouts’ radars in recent months, but the 18 year old southpaw has a high ceiling. His pitches have a lot of movement and he has one of the best curveballs seen by scouts, however, he needs to increase his velocity and add some oomph to his fastball to be setup hitters for his breaking ball. Lolololo’s greatest fault is his injury history at such a young age. Although he doesn’t have a history of serious arm injuries, he’s been put on rest several times for nagging injuries. Landry is a talented pitcher with a ceiling of a #3 starter in the BBA, but likely will never pitch in Nashville given their depth, but the front office is curious what coaches can find in him in the minor leagues.

LHP Mark Lolololo

So why were the Bluebirds so eager to trade away one their best players, especially so early into the season? There must be something else at play.

“I might be the new guy around here, but there have been certain distractions,” said RP Josh Dougherty. “Sammy isn’t a bad guy, but he’s got a certain aura that follows him around and it’s a little unsettling. He has stayed out of the tabloids lately, but there still some questions about why he’s been late to some team meetings and not around in the offseason while we’re busting our butts to get better. I hope he isn’t using drugs again, but that’s just the start of it. From everything I’ve heard and witnessed in my tenure, Vanessa is a bad influence on Bumper. She’s got him by the balls and I think Sammy would’ve been a multi-Silk winner by now if it weren’t for her. I hope he finds peace in Charm City and unleashes his full potential.”

Kinglsey has long been long been linked to the McNeill family and many blame for the toxicity surrounding the young shortstop, ultimately leading to him disowning his adoptive parents. Perhaps a fresh start will do him good.

As for the Bluebirds, it’s hard to make sense of this trade, though at least they received compensation before risking losing McNeill to free agency at the end of the season. Niaz Minhas will look to hold down the fort at SS, and while he isn’t the defensive wizard that is McNeill, he should provide more pop in the lineup. Perhaps the Bluebirds can improve the roster and still make playoffs as they have plenty of cap room to add an impact player to replace McNeill’s production and fan interest.

SS Niaz Minhas
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: The Nest | 54.15 | Bumper Unconceivably Traded Amidst Bluebirds Struggles

Post by trmmilwwi » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:18 pm

My guess is that Vanessa wants an extension somewhere in the starting neighborhood of 8 figures per year. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

Post by jiminyhopkins » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:24 pm

GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

Post by jiminyhopkins » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:25 pm

And shoutout to Mark Lolololo, one of my creations!
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:43 pm

jiminyhopkins wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:25 pm
And shoutout to Mark Lolololo, one of my creations!
Yeah was gonna work that into the story somehow, but forgot. Fun project player. Hope he pans out.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”