Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 54.13 | Bluebirds Land Reinforcements

Post by Dington » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:04 pm

Bluebirds Land Reinforcements

February 25, 2054
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Prior to the start of spring training, the Bluebirds have made a trade with the Louisville Sluggers to add more depth to their big league club, which is broken down below:

Louisville gets:

RP Aelbehrt Schlöndorff
SP Callum Martin
SS Ivan Torres
CF Khayyat Isa

Nashville gets:

RP Glenn Dennis
CF Ragheb Burhan

The move should be rather pedestrian depending how you look at it. The Birds trade of Elvin Hilliard left Quirke Roddis as the bullpen’s lone southpaw, assuming Ollie Lowry tries his hand in the rotation. In acquiring Dennis, Nashville solidifies their bullpen and the end of games should be much simpler. Dennis is still under team control and has a 3.22 ERA over his season and a half in the BBA, though his control is questionable, exhibited by his 5.0 BB/9. Schlöndorff, a Rule 5 success pick in 2053, seemed to be the odd man out as the club had several RHP at their disposal.

LHP Glenn Dennis

“I’m not even sad to leave Nashville,” said Schlöndorff. “I requested a trade to the GBC to get as far away from that green-eyed woman in Sacramento. “That Monty they won was not earned with skill on the field and wit in the front office. No, there were far more powers at play. Excuse me while I pack my bags and keep moving.”

RHP Aelbehrt Schlöndorff

Ivan Torres and Khayyat Isa were two other players headed to Louisville, but the prized player headed to Kentucky is BBA #13 prospect, Callum Martin. The right-hander is a solid pitcher, but whether or not he is able to start games made him expendable. If he can’t develop a solid third pitch, he may be a very good reliever.

Burhan is the final piece of the trade and the former Sluggers CF will be the favorite to play RF for the Bluebirds when they face LHP and allowing the other outfielders casual days off as the young outfielder is more than capable of playing CF in addition to the corners. Burhan is a well-rounded five tool player, but he is most valuable on defense and on the basepaths. His primary competition for the short side platoon in RF is prospect Eduardo Morales, who has similar qualities to Burhan, but hasn’t been tested at the BBA level.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

tylertoo
Ex-GM

Re: The Nest | 54.13 | Bluebirds Land Reinforcements

Post by tylertoo » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:20 pm

Dington wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:04 pm
“I’m not even sad to leave Nashville,” said Schlöndorff. “I requested a trade to the GBC to get as far away from that green-eyed woman in Sacramento. “That Monty they won was not earned with skill on the field and wit in the front office. No, there were far more powers at play. Excuse me while I pack my bags and keep moving.”
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”