Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 53.04 | Pair of Milestones for Bluebirds

Post by Dington » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:49 pm

Pair of Milestones for Bluebirds

April 7, 2053
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Tony Frost secured his position as Nashville’s all-time hits leader last season, but he hit the 2,000 hit milestone in Tuesday’s season opener against the River Monsters. His big hit came in the form of a solo home run in the 7th inning as Frost tried to fuel a comeback in the home opener, but his teammates’ efforts fell short. Barney Lindsay, fresh off his 2nd career Nebraska award, was lit up for 6 ER and didn’t make it out of the 6th inning. 2B Helmut Grün, also included a homer in the loss.

"It's no secret I haven't played my best ball the last couple seasons," said Frost. "Ya'll say I'm getting old, but I'm out to show you who the boss is again this year. This is just the start, homie."

3B Tony Frost

RHP Steven Clayton is looking to make a comeback from a tough 2052 season and got off to a good start with 6.1 scoreless IP in the victory. However, the cameras were all flashing when Théo Bourges launched his 400th career HR in the 2nd inning. Barring injury, Bourges should join Frost in the 2,000 hit club later this season.

CF Theo Bourges

The San Fernando Bears were next to come into town and the Birds dropped the first game of the 4 game set before winning the next two. Lindsay will be on the mound in the finale Monday and hopes to pitch like his normal self and pick up the W for Nashville.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”