Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 51.08 | Kan Out for Year, Dawson Gets the Call

Post by Dington » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:12 pm

Kan Out for Year, Dawson Gets the Call

June 2, 2051
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Nashville SP Nobuhito Kan struggled out of the gate in 2051. After struggling with an oblique strain, Kan changed him throwing motion, which resulted in elbow discomfort, though well-hidden from team trainers. Kan was cruising through 7 IP against the Stars, but finally showed enough discomfort to worry trainers and was removed form the game. Imaging results showed grave news that Kan’s elbow was hanging on by a thread and would require immediate reconstructive surgery.

RHP Nobuhito Kan

“I’m devastated by the news,” said Kan. “I thought it would be best for the team to pitch through the pain so I can help my team, but I fear I have jeopardized the team, my career, and my family. I have much rehabilitation to do to honor my commitment.”

Kan had a solid 2050 season, but was among the league’s best in 2049 when he went 19-4 with a 2.71 ERA and 210 K’s. The right hander was signed as a reliever in 2042, but was inserted into the rotation in hopes of increasing his value. He had a rollercoaster journey until 2046 when he became the AAA pitcher of the year. His BBA career was off to a shaky start in the rotation and it looked like he would be placed back in the bullpen until he developed a devastating forkball. Kan’s rehab is anticipated to take at least a year and he will be susceptible to losing some of his stuff, so it remains to be seen if he will stick in the rotation. His injury opens up a spot in the rotation for exciting southpaw, John Dawson.

LHP John Dawson

Dawson, was a supplemental 1st round draft pick in 2047 and lit the minors on fire, promoting management to send him to AAA Orlando Oranges as a 20 year old. He has started 39 games for the Oranges and has thrown 251 IP with a 2.22 ERA, 0.88 WHIP, and 346 K’s (35.6%). The soft-throwing southpaw is an expert at fooling hitters and just turned 22 in May. Bluebirds fans hope he can replicate his success from the minor leagues for many years to come.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”