Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 51.06 | Hemming to IL

Post by Dington » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:08 pm

Hemming to IL

April 7, 2051
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Martin Hemming has been a phenomenal hitter in the summer and fall, but has gotten off to a slow start in his previous three seasons. This season, however, Hemming hit the gates running with a .455 AVG and 2 HR in his first 11 Abs over 4 games. Then, in the 5th inning against theSan Fernando Bears, Hemming was removed from the game following a throw to 3B to attempt to throw our a runner advancing from 1B on a single. The runner was safe, but Hemming’s back was not, and trainers immediately ran out to check the Englishman. Hemming tried waving them off, but the grimacing could not be ignored, and he was yanked from the game.

RF Martin Hemming

Hemming was subsequently placed on the IL for precautionary reasons, much to his demise, stating “It’s certainly something I feel I can play through, innit, but I understand their need to play it safe this early in the season. I’d fancy a holiday later in the season, but I’ll just sit on my arse until they clear me to play again.”

In a subsequent move, the Bluebirds purchased the contract of August Helfter from the Orlando Oranges to add another LHB to the lineup. The slugger can’t field much, but showed power in AAA with 37 HR in 2050 and 42 HR in 2049, when he claimed the 2049 RHML (AAA) GL Steve Garvey, Jr. Batter Award. This will be Helfter’s first cup of coffee in the BBA after signing a minor league contract with the Bluebirds in 2045.

DH August Helfter
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”