Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 51.01 | Bluebirds Crowned Champions

Post by Dington » Tue May 24, 2022 5:04 pm

Bluebirds Crowned Champions

November 11, 2050
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

“It looks like Juan Cerda has zoned back in after giving up that homer and is now just one strike away from glory. And here’s the 2-2 pitch to Chuang. SWING AND A MISS! THE BLUEBIRDS STORM THE FIELD IN CELEBRATION!”

They have done it! The Nashville Bluebirds beat the Atlantic City Gamblers in five games to take home the coveted Monty Brewster Memorial Series trophy, their first championship since 2017, and the #Heartland has regained superiority in the BBA. Nashville stormed out to a commanding 3-0 lead in the series before giving one away to Atlantic City in Game 4. With ace, Barney Lindsay, on the mound for Game 5, the series was all but clinched in the eyes of Bluebirds fans.

Lindsay started Game 1 and Game 5, earning victories in both games while pitching a combined 12.1 IP with 2 ER and 17 Ks, however, MVP honors were awarded to star 3B, Tony Frost. The 2048 Silk winner had a clean sweep of MVP awards in the playoffs, taking home trophies in the Doubleday, Cartwright, and finally, Monty Brewster Memorial Series. In the finals, Frost batted .471 with 4 BB, although his lone HR was his only extra base hit.

“That’s wassup,” said Frost win receiving his MVP award. “We been grindin’ for the better part of a decade; getting better every day. Our time was due and we balled out when it mattered most. And to all ya’ll haters out there, [expletive] ya’ll…ERNIE. Your pretty new uniforms still can’t help yo’ ass and now I gotta knock down a wall to expand my trophy room. We runnin’ this back next year, too! Enjoy your coffee while we sippin’ champagne!”

The Bluebirds were among the early favorites to win the Brewster, but after a slow start to the season, many started to wonder if the previous two seasons were a fluke. However, the Birds played phenomenal ball outside the first month of the season and went into the playoffs hot, overtaking the Loserville Sluggers on the final day of the season to win the best division in baseball. They went on to beat the Sacramento Sad Popes in the Doubleday, the Yellow Snow Nine in the Cartwright, and an easy final against the Gamblers. To add to the impressive resume of victories, the Bluebirds were able to defeat the Nine with the league commissioner, @recte44, running the club.

“I couldn’t be more happy of this group of men,” said GM Chad Nason. “I’m on cloud 9 right now, but after this hangover wears off in a week or two, it’s back to business as usual in preparation for 2051. We have what it takes to repeat!”

The Pacific remains without a title since 2038 when the Edmonton Jackrabbits took home the title. They were rewarded with a move out of the Pacific and are currently in the Johnson League. Before them, the California Crusaders won in 2035, but they have since become the Sacramento Mad Popes. You have to go all the way back to 2029 to find a current Pacific team that won, when the Long Beach Surfers did such.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”