Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 50.05 | Bluebirds Trade Azzouzj to Tropics

Post by Dington » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:09 pm

Bluebirds Trade Azzouzj to Tropics

April 14, 2050
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Abay Azzouzj has been the Bluebirds’ top hitter this season, albeit mostly limited to at bats versus left-handed pitchers. The Bluebirds offense has been anemic on 2050 and a change was needed to inject some offense into the lineup, so trading the best hitter on the team makes sense.

3B Abay Azzouzj

“I’m still scratching my head on this one,” said Alberto Rodríguez. “I’m really hoping we can put together a competitive roster to get to the Brewster Memorial Series, but this seems like a step back. Abay has been a solid contributor to our offense, but I trust our front office has other moves in place.”

Azzouzj is headed to the Hawaii Tropics in exchange for minor leaguer, Roger Kidd, who at 18 already seems like a developed player ready to play in the BBA. Seeing as Azzouzj was a casualty of a crowded roster, however, it doesn’t seem likely that the Kidd will get a shot any time soon.

“We love Abay, but he, unfortunately, is an expendable piece to this great puzzle,” said GM Chad Nason. “Moving him frees up a spot on the roster for other needs and we like Kidd. He is very mature for his age and can absolutely rake. He’s gonna spend some time in the minors and see if he can develop any further until a spot opens up for him on the Bluebirds roster.”

LF Roger Kidd
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”