Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 47.27 | Hemming Awarded FL Rookie of the Month, Hitter of the Month

Post by Dington » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:58 pm

Hemming Awarded FL Rookie of the Month, Hitter of the Month

October 13, 2047
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Not that he had many doubters, but Martin Hemming has certainly quieted any remaining critics while embarrassing a handful of GMs in the process. Hemming inexplicably slid to Nashville with the #11 pick in the 2047 amateur draft despite being ready to contribute at the BBA level immediately.

RF Martin Hemming

“Several of those teams have got to be kicking themselves right now,” said GM Chad Nason. “I’ve sent several thank you cards to the GMs who passed on Martin.”

Hemming had nothing left to prove in AAA and was quickly promoted to the Bluebirds, despite their logjam in the outfield. After tearing it up in his first two weeks, Hemming was promoted to leadoff hitter. Despite only playing in 45 games, the budding young star accumulated 2.5 WAR after slashing .430/.476/.645 for the Birds.

“I’m excited to begin my career in Nashville,” said Hemming as he takes a sip from his tea. “Things have gotten off to quite a remarkable start and I do hope to continue this success for the remainder of my tenure as a member of the Bluebirds organisation.”

“Al-you-men-ee-um,” he added.

Of course this has been a small sample size, but if he can continue getting on base at the top of the lineup, Nashville might finally break through and earn that coveted fourth and final wild card spot in the Frick League. It really does seem to be the most sought after prize in all of sports, after all.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Re: The Nest | 47.27 | Hemming Awarded FL Rookie of the Month, Hitter of the Month

Post by aaronweiner » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:37 pm

My Dennis French comparison is starting to look prescient.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: The Nest | 47.27 | Hemming Awarded FL Rookie of the Month, Hitter of the Month

Post by Dington » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:26 pm

aaronweiner wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:37 pm
My Dennis French comparison is starting to look prescient.
I’m ok with that. Although, French might be looking to Hemming for advice if he keeps up this pace.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”