Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 47.25 | Bugbie Shutdown for 3 Months with Elbow Injury

Post by Dington » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:10 pm

Bugbie Shutdown for 3 Months with Elbow Injury

July 21, 2047
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Bluebirds LHP Scott Bugbie left his start on July 5 after feeling tightness in his left elbow in the 4th inning. Fans frantically refreshed their Twitter feeds for more information after 8-0 shutout of the Portland Lumberjacks, fearing they would hear the news that Bugbie tore his UCL and would require Tommy John surgery. Much to the fans’ delight, team doctors announced the southpaw had no structural damage and recommended he rest his strained elbow for 3 months. With the Bluebirds competing for a playoff spot, Bugbie will surely be missed in the rotation, but trainers will do their best to get him back on the mound before October, should fate be on Nashville’s side.

LHP Scott Bugbie

“This is a real blow,” said Bugbie. “Being demoted last year was a shot at my ego and I pitched my way back into the Bluebirds rotation. I was feeling really good this year and striking out a lot of batters. I think I’ll come back stronger and my arm will be even more electric when I return.”

Bugbie certainly did show he was built for the BBA this season, striking out 105 batters in 96.1 IP, almost doubling his 9/K in 2046. With Nobuhito Kan proving to be better suited for the bullpen, the Bluebirds are left with a gaping hole in the middle of the rotation. Robinson Valdéz seems to be the obvious candidate to join the rotation, albeit in an opener role so his weaknesses will be limited. With the trade deadline quickly approaching, Nashville could be a buyer if they can find a suitable replacement without giving up any major prospects. Nashville is currently one game out of a wild card spot.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”