Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 47.23 | Beard Named Pitcher of the Month

Post by Dington » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:09 pm

Beard Named Pitcher of the Month

June 16, 2047
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Springdale Roosters RHP Joshua Beard was lights out in May and was honored with the CPL Pitcher of the Month award in the Charley Pegler League. Beard, 21, was 5-0 with a 1.15 ERA and 34 K in May. It has been quite the journey for the young Australian.

“I’ve had an eye on Josh from the moment I began my career,” said GM Chad Nason. “When I took over Kuwait City in 2042, one of my first tasks was filtering out the crap from the crappier for the draft. There wasn’t a lot of talent available in the pool, so we dug and dug and came across this kid from Tasmania. He wasn’t a blue chip prospect by any means, but there was something about him and struck out to me. What that was, I don’t know, but we selected him in the 8th round. After the UMEBA contraction, Boise was quick to scoop him up. Luckily, we were able to get him back last season. He’s my souvenir from the Middle East.”

Beard is still seen by many as a career minor leaguer, but has the work ethic to keep grinding into a BBA pitcher. Although he may not have the endurance to make it as a starter, he very well could end up in a BBA bullpen in a couple seasons.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”