Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 47.21 | Nishimura Throws No-Hitter

Post by Dington » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:47 pm

Nishimura Throws No-Hitter

May 19, 2047
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Orlando Oranges LHP Yoshitaka Nishimura has slipped under many scouts’ radars, but has pitched extremely well over the past two seasons. The LHP out of Japan had a sub-3 ERA last season for the Oranges and has shown improvement in 2047. No performance was better than last week’s no-hitter against the Austin Rattlers.

Nishimura was firing on all cylinders, striking out eight Rattlers, walking two, and hitting one batter. The southpaw collected the final out on his 116th pitch of the evening to the standing ovation of the home crowd. After recording the final out, C Alastair Nilsson charged out to the mound and tackled the elated Nishimura.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen Jasper run that quickly,” said Nishimura. “He called a great game and certainly deserves praise, too. I had really good command of my breaking balls tonight. I still can’t believe this is real, but a big thanks to the defense behind me and Snow God for all his wisdom. Now we have a championship to win!”

Nishimura is 4-3 on the season with a 1.90 ERA and 1.01 WHIP. He’s allowed just two long balls in 61.2 IP.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”