Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 4.20 | Custello Gets the Call

Post by Dington » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:03 pm

Custello Gets the Call

May 19, 2047
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

The highly anticipated debut of Adrian Custello is finally over as the Bluebirds promoted the right-hander prior to Monday’s home matchup against the Madison Wolves. Fans hoped to see Custello last season, but with the team falling apart in April, GM Chad Nason thought it would be best for the young pitcher to continue polishing his skills in the minors. In 8 games for Orlando, Custello is 3-4 with a 3.10 ERA and 0.96 WHIP.

“This is the happiest day of my life,” said Custello. “I’ve had my sights on becoming a professional BBA player since I was a kid. Once I realized I wouldn’t make it as a hitter, I was able to focus my attention to perfecting the art of pitching and it’s really paid off.”

It what hopes to be the first of many great performances, Custello shook off some early nerves and pitched splendidly enough to keep the Bluebirds in a tight game. Custello began the game allowing a leadoff double to Wolves 3B, Salvadore Allende, hitting Chris Mann with the next pitch, then loading the bases following an error by 3B Abay Azzouzj. Custello collected his nerves and traded two outs for a run after inducing a 5-4-3 double play and finished the inning with another groundout. After that, the #21 prospect in the BBA settled down and completed 6.1 IP with only 3 hits allowed. Nashville would go on to win the game 3-2 in 11 innings.

“We’re really excited to have Adrian up with our club,” said Nason. “He worked out some minor issues last year and proved to be a little more polished this year in Orlando. He might not strikeout every batter, but he induces a lot of weak contact with his offspeed stuff. I think we can expect great things from the kid.”

Custello is expected to pitch in Nashville's finale against Des Moines and again versus Valencia. Those two matchups should help boost the young pitcher's confidence as the Bluebirds face a difficult road schedule in June.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”