The Nest | 47.19 | High School Pitcher Selected by Bluebirds in Supplemental First Round

GM: Chad Nason

Moderator: Dington

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 47.19 | High School Pitcher Selected by Bluebirds in Supplemental First Round

Post by Dington » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:37 pm

High School Pitcher Selected by Bluebirds in Supplemental First Round

May 12, 2047
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

With the first pick in the supplemental first round, the Nashville Bluebirds selected high school pitcher, John Dawson. The 34th overall selection does not appear to help the Bluebirds playoff push this season, but they hope he will contribute sometime in the next decade. The young southpaw is seen by many scouts to possess great tools, but he will have to work hard to ensure he becomes part of the rotation, otherwise he may be relegated to the bullpen. He hasn’t shown the stamina to last deep into games so far in his career, and if his changeup doesn’t develop, he surely will be used out of the bullpen. His primary pitch is a cut fastball that shows potential, but his strikeout pitch is a devastating knuckle curveball.

LHP John Dawson

“My dad is from Tennessee, so I’ve grown up a Bluebirds fan,” said Dawson. “When I was little my dad would dress me in a full Bluebirds uniform for practice. I’ve grown up watching guys like Buckland and The Wolf, so I’m glad I might be able to learn from both of them. I even copied my knuckle curve grip from Adrian Custello after watching him pitch against the Bombers and Devils. I really wanted to continue my education, but I know my dad would be stoked if I signed with the Bluebirds.”

Dawson figures to be sent to Lynchville if he signs and it could be several years before he sniffs Nashville, but he looks like a promising prospect with plenty of room to develop. The Whiskeyjacks have already been told to put Dawson on a strict protein-laden diet to help the 5’11 150 lb. teenager gain some weight.

“His mustache weighs more than the rest of his body,” said Senior Scout of Non-Analytics, Whitey Buckson. “I’ve always been against drafting kids who can’t get girls. This bookworm stumbled onto a baseball field and figured out the physics of throwing a baseball…pretty well, though.”
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: The Nest | 47.19 | High School Pitcher Selected by Bluebirds in Supplemental First Round

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 pm

Feed him sticks of butter!

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: The Nest | 47.19 | High School Pitcher Selected by Bluebirds in Supplemental First Round

Post by Dington » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:50 pm

CTBrewCrew wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 pm
Feed him sticks of butter!
Likely headed to college. Don’t think I can afford $5.5m ask
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”