Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 47.16 | Bluebirds Select Outfielder with First Round Pick

Post by Dington » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:52 pm

Bluebirds Select Outfielder with First Round Pick

May 5, 2047
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Armed with their highest draft pick since they took Tony Frost 9th overall in the 2039 draft, the Nashville Bluebirds had to decide on arm versus bat and whether or not that player would have an immediate impact or be more of a project. With good depth in the farm system, GM Chad Nason decided to take the best player available. That meant with the 11th overall pick, the Bluebirds drafted collegiate RF Martin Hemming.

RF Martin Hemming

Hemming is a three-time Platinum Stick winner for collegiate right fielders. He is an average defensive outfielder equipped with a cannon for an arm. However, the young outfielder was drafted for his ability at the plate. Opposing pitchers have struggled to tame the England-born outfielder in college and allowed him to hit .391 with 41 HR in his collegiate career. Hemming is especially dangerous against right-handed pitching with the ability to make hard contact to the gaps with sufficient power to hit 25+ HR a year at the BBA level.

“He’s ready to play in the Big leagues now,” said Senior Scout of Non-Analytics, Whitey Buckson. “He’s the most polished hitter in this draft and still has a little room to grow and we would like to see him improve his outfield play. He can be a little impatient at the plate, but gets hits on balls out of the zone, so who’s to complain?”

Nashville will likely send Hemming to Orlando or High Point to begin his professional career. RF Pedro Mendoza is currently tearing up BBA pitching and the team signed Bastião Fardos to a long-term contract in the offseason, so there isn’t an immediate fit for the rookie. Hemming will also be battling with Matt Garrison to see who gets called up first. Garrison currently hold a 206 OPS+ in AAA and will be fighting to find his way onto the roster. With Hasheem Makin and Kazuyoshi Ohayashi also looming outfield prospects, the Bluebirds have a fruitful farm from which to pluck their next BBA player.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

7teen
BBA GM

Re: The Nest | 47.16 | Bluebirds Select Outfielder with First Round Pick

Post by 7teen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:21 am

Garrison and Makin are developing nicely. I'm still not sold on Makin as a 75 rated player but at least it looks like he'll be in a BBA uniform soon to prove me wrong or right. And now Hemming allows you to hedge one of them not performing I suppose.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Post by aaronweiner » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:23 am

Hemming was a great pick.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:26 am

7teen wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:21 am
Garrison and Makin are developing nicely. I'm still not sold on Makin as a 75 rated player but at least it looks like he'll be in a BBA uniform soon to prove me wrong or right. And now Hemming allows you to hedge one of them not performing I suppose.
Garrison will be called up soon. Not sure why I ever signed Sousa instead of giving Garrison a shot. Hemming will have to wait though until I can move Mendoza or Fardos.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”