Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 47.13 | Moran Goes Down with Injury

Post by Dington » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:13 pm

Moran Goes Down with Injury

April 7, 2047
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

The 2047 campaign is not off to a great start as the Nashville Bluebirds begin the season 1-4. The bullpen was viewed as a strength coming into the season, but blew two saves in the first week and boasts the second worst ERA in the Frick League. To add insult to injury, the Birds will be without Chris ‘The Wolf’ Moran for 5-6 weeks as he rests his elbow from a bone spur flare up.

Moran has been one of the most consistent players on Nashville’s roster over the past several years which he accredits to his ability to stay healthy. In fact, this is the first time in his career that he will land on the injured list. The Wolf hunts in stealth mode so casual BBA fans will likely not appreciate his value, but he led the league in quality starts last year with 23. He doesn’t have fancy strikeout numbers, but he keeps batters off the basepaths and balls in the park.

RHP Chris 'The Wolf' Moran

“Having starters go deep into games like The Wolf really helps take the strain off the bullpen,” said C Alberto Rodríguez. “You know when The Wolf steps on the mound you’re going to get 7+ solid innings and give a few guys some rest.”

Replacing Moran will likely be RP Eddie Armstrong, who will see his first dose of the BBA. Fans who were excited to see Adrian Custello get the call will have to wait since he recently pitched and the timing doesn’t make sense with Moran only out a month or two. This will also allow Custello to continue developing before getting the eventual nod later this season.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

7teen
BBA GM

Re: The Nest | 47.13 | Moran Goes Down with Injury

Post by 7teen » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:30 am

Custello is a nice looking piece.

Will Nashville use the Portland tactic and just give Custello a full season to mature (and save $) by keeping him one more year in the minor leagues? This decision leans that way.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: The Nest | 47.13 | Moran Goes Down with Injury

Post by Dington » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:15 am

7teen wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:30 am
Custello is a nice looking piece.

Will Nashville use the Portland tactic and just give Custello a full season to mature (and save $) by keeping him one more year in the minor leagues? This decision leans that way.
I hoped he would be in the rotation last year. A terrible April and him not developing had already postponed him to this season. I want to get him up but he pitched twice in AAA last sim and I had to go with another guy on 40 man for a couple spot starts.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”