Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 46.19 | Fallen Star Sold for Cash

Post by Dington » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:12 pm

Fallen Star Sold for Cash

August 18, 2046
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

The World Famous Gipper Kengos came to Nashville in a trade with Mexico City in 2040 with the hopes he would be a rock atop the Bluebirds lineup for years to come. Afterall, he had posted an average of 3.4 WAR the previous three seasons with the Aztecs, so why wouldn’t he do the same in Nashville? Well, Kengos surpassed the 3 WAR mark in each of his first two seasons before his career did a swan dive off a cliff in Radnor Lake. In 2043, Kengos had a .590 OPS while posting a -2.0 WAR, yet somehow managed to add a Zimmer Diamond Glove award to his résumé. Since then he has only started versus left-handed pitchers until now when the Bluebirds were lacking talent after trading away Kidane Ata. With an expiring contract at the end of the season, Nashville’s best bet was to unload him on a contender before losing him for nothing.

LF Gipper 'World Famous' Kengos

As the trade deadline approaches, Nashville decided selling Kengos for cash was the best option, so GM Chad Nason got on the phones and completed a deal sending World Famous to Loserville in exchange for $8.5M. The news was a shock to Kengos, but not a disappointment.

“I woke up this morning to someone banging on my front door,” said Kengos. “Not the way you want to wake up, so I was about to yell at room service for the abrupt wake up call, but it turns out it was Freddy (Díaz) here to tell me I had been traded. I rubbed my eyes and took a deep breath. I didn’t have a chance to shower so I grabbed my bags and jumped on a bus to meet my new teammates in Twin Cities. I’m glad to have a chance to win finally.”

Nason could only be quoted as saying, "We weren't in a position to win this year, but this infusion of cash will help us achieve goals in the future. I gotta go."
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”