Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 46.12 | Bluebirds Draft Familiar Face

Post by Dington » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:37 pm

Bluebirds Draft Familiar Face

June 16, 2046
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

With the Nashville Bluebirds in rebuild mode, the 2046 amateur draft was more important than ever. Analysts lauded the BBA-ready pitching heavy draft as one of the best in recent years, but Nashville went a different direction. With the 19th pick in the draft, the Bluebirds made a call to SS Sammy ‘Bumper’ McNeill to let him know he would be the savior of the Bluebirds. Bumper may be more well-known as being the adopted child of Yellow Springs Nine Hall of Famer, Lucas McNeill, and pop star Mikki Manning. The young shortstop grew more anxious with every pick to come off the board surrounded by friends and family in their home on Cat Island.

SS Sammy ‘Bumper’ McNeill

“We didn’t expect to fall this far in the draft, but I’m happy the Bluebirds chose me. I think Dad was secretly hoping I’d fall to the end of the first round to sign with Yellow Springs,” said McNeill. “But I’m the best all-around player in the draft and there was no way I’d make it that far, although it would have been convenient to begin my career right here in Cat Island. I understand Nashville wants to take their time with me in the minors, but I’m excited to get my career started. This mansion is nice and all, but I’ve got my own legacy I need to create and bigger mansions to buy.”

While scouts admire the young shortstop’s ambitiousness, most believe he’s got quite a lot of developing to do before joining the Bluebirds. In his first three games with Nashville’s A ball affiliate, Springdale Roosters, his bat proved to need some work after going 1-10 to begin his professional career. His defense has drawn praise across the league and Rockville Pikemen GM Aaron Weiner went as far to say “If it were just about defense, McNeill could play in the majors tomorrow.”

Nashville GM Chad Nason was thrilled to draft the infield prodigy and released the following statement:

“You don’t get many chances to draft a player with such a pedigree. Although Bumper doesn’t have his father’s genes, he grew up around big league players and absorbed a lot of knowledge that most people don’t have an opportunity to receive. Don’t get me wrong, Sammy’s a great player, but the fact that we are able to stick it to Yellow Springs and see Lucas put on that Nashville hat on Sammy’s draft day is priceless. Just over a year ago we hired a curandero to help fix our team’s bats. That didn’t work out all so great, but during the same visit we asked him to place a curse on Yellow Springs. At the time it didn’t look like he did anything, but this could be the sign that the Nine will begin to perish.”

Skeptics will ask which club is actually cursed, as Nashville has only seen the playoffs once since 2025, while Yellow Springs is a perennial powerhouse in the Frick League. However, Nashville is the most recent to win a championship after bringing home a trophy in 2018. One thing is certain, though: Bluebirds fans are stoked to have Sammy McNeil in their organization.
Last edited by Lane on Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link for Sammy
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”