Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 45.18 | Nashville Strengthens Rotation at Deadline

Post by Dington » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:44 pm

Nashville Strengthens Rotation at Deadline

August 31, 2045
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Heading into September with a record of 74-59 would make most teams comfortable with the assumption of playing baseball in October. That is not the case in the Heartland division where the Nashville Bluebirds sit in 6th place and are currently out of the playoff picture. Underperforming hitting has plagued the team throughout the year and a poor pitching rotation has had the Bluebirds playing catchup early on in games.

“We needed to address the rotation as a couple of strategies we tried throughout the year just weren’t panning out as we had hoped,” said GM Chad Nason. “We needed to add some proven arms to start games and give our over-worked bullpen a break as we head into the end of the season.”

Nashville acquired a pair veteran right handers to bolster the rotation in Dan Forsyth and Edwin ‘Crime Spree’ Gilliam. In yet another trade with Las Vegas, Forsyth adds an affordable veteran to the backend of the rotation and only cost a couple of high-minor prospects. Gilliam was traded from Calgary with three RHP prospects headed to Canada.

RHP Dan Forsyth

RHP Edwin 'Crime Spree' Gilliam

“I’ve had a disappointing year, but I think a change of scenery is just what I needed,” said Gilliam. “I’m hoping all those bloop singles in the tundra will turn into outs in Tennessee. I know I am better than my numbers look this season and I’m looking forward to giving Nashville my all. So far the fans have been extremely welcoming and I love competition. This wildcard race is going to be a doozy.”

With just 1/2 game separating Nashville from the golf course and October baseball, these two additions should make things interesting, especially since the Twin Cities River Monsters actively added pieces at the deadline to strengthen their depth. Buckle up, it's gonna be a wild ride!
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”