Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 45.04 | Bluebirds Add Marin

Post by Dington » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:46 pm

Bluebirds Add Marin

March 13, 2045
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

It’s been a relatively slow offseason for the Nashville Bluebirds. Aside from giving away Chin Kim and signing reliever Miguel Angel 'Swami' Garza, it’s been quiet with no big splashes. Today, news broke of another minor transaction when the club signed free agent outfielder, Martín 'Duck' Marín. The veteran will likely be used as a platoon player in the outfield or DH role against left-handed pitching.

Marín is a ten year BBA veteran after being drafted 4th overall by the Phoneix Talons in the 2030 BBA amateur draft. Marín is familiar with Heartland pitching having spent the majority of his career in Omaha and, most recently, Louisville. “At this point of my career, it’s nice to stay in familiar surroundings,” said Marín. “I’ve always enjoyed my time in the Heartland, but it will be nice to finally play in a civilized city, unlike Omaha and Louisville. I know my role and I’m just happy to help this team win games anyway possible.”

Martín 'Duck' Marín

The Bluebirds will welcome the right-handed power bat that has been missing from the lineup. Mark White filled in nicely at the end of last season, but was unwilling to re-sign. Marín will fill in versus lefties, a role he has been superb in his whole career with an .878 career OPS vs LHP. His past two seasons saw the righty crush the ball off lefties with 1.061 and 1.055 OPS seasons, respectively.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”