Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 45.02 | Pair of Puckett Winners

Post by Dington » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:36 pm

Pair of Puckett Winners

January 1, 2045
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

After a failure of a 2044 season, there were a few bright spots with some Bluebirds taking home hardware. Tony Frost and Alberto Rodríguez took home the Charles Puckett Golden Bat awards at third base and catcher, respectively. Lorenzo de’ Medici finished third in the Jason Egan Reliever Award voting.

Frost slashed .297/.386/.572 while manning the hot corner in Nashville. The switch hitter accumulated 7.6 WAR in 2044, which was 4th best in the Frick League. The performance paid dividends in arbitration, earning him $7.5 million. Frost was involved in some offseason trade rumors, but GM Chad Nason quickly put those rumors to bed, stating “We’re in a win now mode. The Heartland continues to grow more competitive and trading away our franchise player would be a stupid idea. I dunno where the hell you get these stories, but do better.”

3B Tony Frost

Rodríguez had another stellar campaign behind the plate, as well as at the plate. He led all BBA catchers with a 4.2 WAR in 122 games played. The team captain had an OPS of .968 with runners in scoring position and further cemented his leadership in the middle of the lineup. His teammates hope se sticks around for a long time and so does A-Rod, saying “My home is Nashville. I hope to come to terms with a multi-year deal this season and become a Bluebird forever. My teammates and fans are amazing and my family loves it here just as much as I do.”

C Alberto Rodríguez

The Bluebirds hope to bring home some team hardware in 2045, but the front office has been pretty quiet thus far. They’ll need to make a couple of loud moves if they intend to compete next season, but they are well-known for being stingy with the prospects. Hopefully a couple of promising pitchers can continue to develop in the BBA while making an impact and adding wins.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

RichY
Ex-GM

Re: The Nest | 45.02 | Pair of Puckett Winners

Post by RichY » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:13 pm

That K/9 rate on de' Medici is stupid. Also in my early wanderings around the BBA Nashville has maybe the best logo/uni combo.
El Paso Chili's GM 2046-
Riyadh Red Crescents GM 2046
Mumbai Metro Stars GM 2045, Won United Cup

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: The Nest | 45.02 | Pair of Puckett Winners

Post by Dington » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:40 pm

RichY wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:13 pm
That K/9 rate on de' Medici is stupid. Also in my early wanderings around the BBA Nashville has maybe the best logo/uni combo.
Agree with the latter, but would still like to see de' Medici get to 27 K/9.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”