Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 44.26 | Singing the Blues?

Post by Dington » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:41 pm

Singing the Blues?

September 28, 2044
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

With two games remaining in the regular season, the Nashville Bluebirds are on the outside looking in. While an impressive 4-0 win in their first game versus Omaha kept their season alive, the final two games will essentially be must-win situations. As expected, Nashville sees themselves outside the bubble because the lack of an available LHP against Louisville and Alvin Chartrand was unable to hold off the Sluggers in the 4-2 loss. That left veteran southpaws Chin Kim and Hao Kun to face the right handed heavy lineup of Twin Cities River Monsters. The lefties allowed a combined 11 ER in the two losses, but Nashville rebounded for a win in the final game of the series.

“We ran into a bit of bad luck with he way the schedule lined up. We didn’t have the rotation setup for optimization and it showed. We like to play matchups and it just didn’t work in our favor this time,” said GM Chad Nason. “We will put all our focus in our remaining games in Omaha and control our own destiny.”

The blowout losses hamstring the creativeness further this week by not allowing a rested bullpen. It appears Chartrand and Kim will get the remaining two starts and Nashville players and fans are praying that their experience will help them win these important games.

“These are obviously must-win games and we have all the confidence in our staff to get the job done,” said catcher Alberto Rodríguez. “Our offense just needs to hit well and we will be playing ball next month.”
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: The Nest | 44.26 | Singing the Blues?

Post by recte44 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:36 pm

Welcome to the September Nashville swoon.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: The Nest | 44.26 | Singing the Blues?

Post by Dington » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:29 pm

recte44 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:36 pm
Welcome to the September Nashville swoon.
Back to back years. To be honest, this is exactly where I felt my team would be at this point of the season, but they played so well the first five months I got a little excited.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”