Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 44.25 | September Slumber

Post by Dington » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:04 pm

September Slumber

September 22, 2044
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

The Nashville Bluebirds ended August with a generally safe feeling that a playoff spot was secured. However, the competitive Frick League had other ideas. September began with the Bluebirds sitting comfortably in a spot for a home field advantage in the wildcard series, however, slumps always arrive at the most inconvenient of times. Nashville has been singing the blues thus far in September with a record of 6-12, while clinging onto the final playoff spot with Louisville and Seattle right on their heels.

“We’ve been blessed with health this season and we got ourselves into a nice situation with consistent play all season,” said GM Chad Nason. “We’ve moved a few pieces around to experiment and get the roster in peak performance, but it screwed up any groove we were in, so we really need to recover this final week and go into the playoffs hot.”

But merely getting into the playoffs will be no easy feat. The Bluebirds finish up their three game set with Louisville tonight in very pivotal rubber match. The Sluggers outplayed the Bluebirds in last night’s extra inning affair, further exposing the Bluebirds problems after the ninth inning. Martin Román has been reliable all season, but was responsible for four late inning runs last night, dropping the Bluebirds record in extra innings to 2-8. “I didn’t do my job well tonight – bottom line. I’m expected to go out there and get outs to give my team a chance to win. I blew it,” said the all-star. Román saw his ERA jump over 2 for the first time this season after the blown save. The Birds almost had the crucial victory in the bag after plating a pair of runs in the 10th, but Román allowed a leadoff double and subsequent 2-run homer. Ash Davenport entered in relief and got two outs before allowing the walk-off HR blow delivered by Calvin Johnson.

RHP Martin Román

With just a week to go in the season, victories are more valuable than ever. The Bluebirds will finish on the road with trips to Twin Cities River Monsters and Omaha Cyclones. The final matchup in Omaha can not only decide whether or not Nashville keeps playing in October, but a successful trip can see home field advantage in the first round. There will be a lot riding on this series, so be sure to tune in.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”