Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 44.23 | September Newcomers

Post by Dington » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:38 pm

September Newcomers

September 8, 2044
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

In an attempt to halt the Nashville Bluebirds’ recent struggles, GM Chad Nason made a couple of low key moves that he hopes will keep Nashville in a playoff spot. Just prior to roster’s expanding, Nason claimed RF Bobby Parker off waivers from the Omaha Cyclones.

OF Bobby Parker

“We think Bobby will be able to help provide us with depth against right handers. His bat certainly comes into play and we’ve actually inserted him into the leadoff spot against righties. We’ve been struggling to get on base from the leadoff spot, so we think adding another lefty up there with Bobby’s patience will help the whole lineup,” said Nason.

Parker was added to the 40 man roster just before rosters expanded, so he will be eligible for the playoff roster should the Bluebirds remain in playoff position. The past week saw Parker leading offer for Nashville and he got on base one third of the time, an improvement from the on base production of former leadoff hitter, Nacho Méndez. Parker was plugged into right field, displacing newly acquired outfielder, Pedro Mendoza. The move forced Méndez out of the lineup versus righties, but the decision to play Mendoza at first base was puzzling.

“I’ve never played in the infield before, so this was a first,” said Mendoza. “I just want to do whatever I can to help out my new team. I wasn’t too comfortable with the idea with no training and it was surprising to hear when he have other capable first basemen.”

The experiment didn’t go too well, but plans have already been made to swap Mendoza and Ernesto Sousa between 1B and DH roles. A move of such boldness is quite unorthodox in the middle of a playoff race and Sousa was the first to admit he was confused by the move, saying “I know I’m the slickest with the glove, but at least I’ve been to the rodeo a few times. I’d be happy to teach him a thing or two in the winter, but the timing was certainly odd.”

To further help with the playoff push, Nason signed former Bluebird, Mark White for the remainder of the season. Although he won’t be eligible for the playoff roster, Nason hopes White can help add even more depth on the bench and is expected to bat in the middle of the lineup against lefties. White was happy to be back in Nashville and said “It’s great to be back in Nashville. I’ve created so many memories with friends the past two years here, but the fans are simply the best.”

OF Mark White
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”