Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 44.22 | Valdéz Added to Roster

Post by Dington » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:44 pm

Valdéz Added to Roster

August 25, 2044
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Heading into the final week of August, the Nashville Bluebirds are currently 18 games behind Yellow Springs Nine, but have a six game cushion on a wildcard spot. The past week saw the Bluebirds go 3-4 with another new face in the clubhouse.

RHP Robinson Valdéz was called up for his BBA debut and started against the Chicago Black Sox in the decisive third game of the series. The rookie pitched brilliantly, striking out the side in his first inning. After a leadoff single in the second inning, Valdéz induced a double play and punched out his fourth batter of the game to call it a night.

“Every morning I look in the mirror and say ‘Si se puede.’ I been waiting on my chance in BBA and think I belong here for long time, so every morning I did not give up hope,” said Valdéz after the game.

RHP Robinson Valdéz

Fellow rookie Scott Bugbie came into relieve Valdéz and pitched five innings of one-hit ball. Unfortunately, two walks, a throwing error by Kidane Ata, and a balk allowed the Black Sox to score three runs in the third inning and Nashville wasn’t able to muster any offense in the 3-0 shutout.

“When your team only allows two hits in the game, you kinda assume you’re walking away with a win. Unfortunately, our bats were a little cold tonight, but we will bounce back. Helluva job by the young guns and their futures look bright,” said C Alberto Rodríguez following the loss.

The Bluebirds returned home to face the Omaha Cyclones on Thursday and headed into extra innings. After Lorenzo de’ Medici gave up a two run HR in the 7th, Tony Frost scored the tying run in the 8th inning and the game would on into extras. Unfortunately, a fielding error by Frost led off the 12th inning with Martin Román on the mound and the go ahead run came into score after a double and subsequent single. The loss dropped Nashville’s record to 1-5 in extras this season.

Nashville served Omaha a double dose of medicine the next game, teeing off on rookie pitcher Juan Ruiz, a former Nashville prospect. At the helm of the damage were former Cyclones outfielders, Pedro Mendoza and Jaime Geerdinkck, who both hit homeruns off Ruiz, who said “I wasn’t happy with my move to Omaha; there isn’t anything to do here. I tried to prove to Nashville they made a mistake, but I was overthrowing everything and they got me good.”

Omaha had the last laugh as they finished off the series with a win as LHP Chin Kim had an off day, allowing 7 ER and not making it out of the third inning. The Birds then moved onto Twin Cities River Monsters and won 2 of 3 games and they head into today’s game looking to add a third, but more importantly, today is the trade deadline. There have not been much trade talks since acquiring Mendoza, however, I wouldn’t rule out any last minute moves by GM Chad Nason.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: The Nest | 44.22 | Valdéz Added to Roster

Post by recte44 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:36 pm

This whole post makes me proud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”